Monday, 30 June 2008

Up to and including Monday 30th June 2008

As I type this entry I am sitting down to a white bread sandwich with my new drug of choice.....Brambleberry Jam........there is simply nothing in the world to compare with this yummy substance and if for this reason alone I was meant to move to the UK, then so be it, I am content (lol).

Had a lovely (and a bit more normal) weekend with no mad rushing around and exciting outings just time spent at home with family and friends. Saturday saw a late start to the morning as the children had finally been allowed to enjoy the long summer evenings and only came in doors from playing at 22h00 on Friday night, and so slept a little later on Saturday morning....after finishing my latest Jodi Picoult "Vanishing Act" and being served breakfast in bed by my dh, I finally dragged myself from under the covers and we headed into Haywards Heath to sort out some banking and have a bit of a wander round - this was something nice for Simon as he doesn't get any opportunity during the week to explore the town and there are many shops we didn't even know existed until now.

After a wonderful lunch of the tastiest meat pies we have found so far, we took the children to the local movie house in Burgess Hill to see the latest Narnia movie which we all loved. Now at this point I must just describe the movie house to you.....this is not the 1st world cinema complexes that we are used to in South Africa, oh no, this was the quaintest little place you have ever seen, complete with ushers to take us to our seat and intermission before the movie started while they changed the reel......we have since discovered (courtesy of Kerry and Rob) that there is in fact a bigger, more modern movie house in Crawley, but I have to tell you I loved the Orion, and the next time we visit will definitely take my camera along to photograph it.

Phillip slept out on Saturday night, his first big boy sleepover ever, and Si, Megs and I set about building her cupboard....well Si set about with the building and I lay on the bed and kept him company - bump is starting to impose serious restrictions as just about any position, other then prone on a bed of pillows (alot like Cleopatra's famous repose, all I need is grapes and a fan) results in heartburn. Simon has really been amazing with all the "some assembly required" items I have insisted on buying from Argos and hasn't even moaned too much at the ones (like the cupboard) which say "two man assembly required"...he now firmly believes that he is worth two men, and I can't argue, at this stage our house would be absolutey devoid of furniture without his patience and persisitence and now instead it is really starting to look like a home.

Sunday morning we were up early and after breakfast headed off for church in Burgess Hill...what a very welcoming fellowship - aided I am sure by the fact that Kerry had told just about everyone about us, but none the less, lovely to be amongst such a warm group of people....thoroughly enjoyed the service and will definitely be returning.

Lunch at Kerry and Robs was great and both families seemed to get along really well, it is not often that all members of the family gel, but that seems to be the case here and was evident by the fact that lunch only ended at about 19h00. We feel very blessed to have met Kerry and Rob and being with them give us just a little taste of the familiarity of South Africa and that is a feeling I can't even begin to describe.

Oh yes, and here are the "pregnant fairy" photos Si and I took this weekend....only 9 weeks to go and counting!

No comments: