Thursday, 5 June 2008

Saturday 24th May 2008

Had a lovely morning with some of mom’s oldest and closest friends, and Kerry and Mary – great to spend some time with friends and family before climbing on the plane, kept us all distracted, which wasn’t a bad thing. 3pm came faster then ever and it was off to the airport – 20kgs overweight (not bad for moving countries) and R2500 later we boarded our De-Haverlin plane for JHB complete with stairs on the door and propellers which I spent the whole time watching to see if they were slowing down.

The kids had a ball though and, as luck would have it I ended up with an empty chair next to me, which meant both kids could have a window all the way and that kept them occupied for most of the flight. Arrival at JHB International was uneventful and a very brief meeting with Lynn (Simon’s Mom) as we rushed through the terminal kept the kids busy as I tried to navigate my way and get my bearings…thank heavens for my two angels, Tanya and Steve, without them I would still be wondering around the airports. Boarding was smooth and the flight long, but uneventful…sleeping proved a problem as Phillip was determined to spread himself out, much to the horror of the very patient man next to him – lets just say Phil slept well, but not the same for the man and me (lol).

No comments: