Friday, 6 June 2008

Friday 6th June 2008

Can't believe another week is finished and the children and I have been here for nearly 1/2 a month - we have settled amazingly well, and just last night Si commented on the fact that the children seem like they have been here forever...having cheap SA calls and skype has helped tremendously and talking to my mom for nearly an hour every night has made it a lot easier, just like SA in many ways, I just image that she is round the corner and go from there.

It is another glorious day - okay, I am also becoming a Brit (obsessed with the weather), but it is just soooooo perfect here when the sun is shining (and so unusual) that you can't help commenting (lol)

Oh yes, before I forget, I think I may have a school for the children - we have been allocated space at two schools and I had a look at them online last night and am off to view my fav this afternoon (after home school) - very like a Waldorf funnily enough, their whole education system here is more in tune with Waldorf philosophy which is great for Megan and they also have a gifted program to extend the children should the need be. I had a good laugh when I chatted to the woman from the council as she was a bit concerned about the size of the school - 300 children from reception to year 6 (11 years) ...wasn't sure how to tell her that Phillip had over 1000 children in his last school all under the age of 12 - just didn't think she would understand

Thought I would include a few more pics of our closest park which is about 200m from the house...just for interest, the main park is in the village about a km or so from home, but we make a point of going down to this little one at least once a day.


1 comment:

Welcome said...

i visited ur nice blog.
i got a verious of knowledge for me.
a lot of thanks.
be happy to....
------
from MYANMAR.
welcome u and visit to my blog

www.winzaw-mdy.blogspot.com
www.wwwsuye.blogspot.com