Friday, 13 June 2008

Friday 13th June 2008

Didn't even realise that today was a "Friday the 13th" until I started the blog.....oh well so far has been good for me and no gremlins (lol).

Spent a busy morning completing some web updates for Garrick, must say enjoyed the work and it was nice to have something different to do - also managed to insure our car for the princely sum of £28 per month which will mean that I am now able to transport children on outings. Laws in this country relating to children are very very strict and Phil had his first outing today but because I didn't have comprehensive insurance and police clearance I am not even allowed to attend, but once I can produce my valid licence, proof on insurance and a police clearance certificate I will be allowed to get involved....not complaining though, it is strict laws like this one that protect us here and the zero tolerance helps keep the crime levels down, well in the villages at least, if you follow the BBC News, London is like a war zone in the inner city!

Off to Legoland in the morning for Megan's 10th birthday, not sure the kids will even be able to sleep tonight they are so excited - bit of a stretch financially, but have decided to stay at a B&B in Winsor overnight as it is a fair treck and and kids have never stayed in a "Hotel" before so it is all part of the experience.....guess we will be eating beans on toast for a while (lol), no seriously, not that bad, but entertainment is ridiculously expensive here, but a promise is a promise so we are off...have to admit I am secretly as excited as the children. Believe Monday is a public holiday in SA - funny how quickly you forget.

No comments: