As for the weekend, I am not entirely sure where to begin.......Legoland is absolutely amazing and absolutely huge and it took us 2 days of 6 hours a day to get round the whole park and we still didn't see everything!!!!! It was such an awesome experience that Simon decided to upgrade our ticket to a "Merlin Annual Pass" which although a wee bit expensive and a little bit of a juggle with the cashflow entitles us (as a family of 4) unlimited entry into all the Merlin parks and attractions around England (20 in all) including Madam Tusaurds, London Eye, all the Seaworlds and the London Dungeon for 12 months.
Now, I have been thinking about how best to write about our trip and some of the 200 photos taken (lol) and have decided to go through the park as we went through it over the weekend and include photos wherever possible, so be warned, this is going to be a LONG entry.
Saturday 14th May
Left home a little after 9.15am and after only getting lost a couple of times finally arrived at our destination a little over a hour and a half later. The kids started screaming the minute we drove in the gate and I have to admit their excitement was contagious and even Si and I were itching to go as we parked the car. Bearing in mind that Legoland is situated on 150 acres of land, the walk from the car is in fact not that bad and it wasn't long before we were standing at the gates. Once in side, the first thing that struck us are the wonderful "statues" built entirely out of lego which are scattered all round the park and we spent the first couple of minutes wondering around the entrance area enjoying the "art".




Next it was "all aboard" the Duplo Train as we headed down into the actual park...now let me tell you, you haven't seen ANYTHING until you have stood in an English queue...fortunately everyone respects your space and the fact that you have to queue and are generally very friendly which only adds to the atmoshphere.

Think one of the fav rides or activities for the day for the kids was getting their "Legoland Licence" - very cool, the kids get to go through "traffic school" and then get let loose on this track complete with robots and all signs made out of Lego...they simply loved it and both "passed" first time (lol). Simon and I definately rated the Viking Village as our favourite, and the Water Splash was the ultimate ride of the day as far as we were concerned...armed with raincoats, we jumped aboard a big spinning boat which whips you down a fast flowing and turbulent river complete with vikings spraying you with water from the sides and lots of fast action - needed to pay for the 2 pound family drier when we came off to get our clothes dry (despite the raincoats), but what a blast (lol).



At around 6pm, a very exhausted Robertson family called it a day, albeit one of the best we have spent as a family, and headed back to our hotel...as we were far from home, Si kindly paid for us to spend the night at a hotel on a B&B basis (which we got a special discount price with with our Legoland ticket) and what a relief that was, nice to be close to home, a hot bath and a meal I didn't have to cook (not to mention not having to make the beds in the morning (lol)). The hotel was an added bonus for the children who have never stayed in one before, so it all added to Meg's special birthday treat.

Sunday 15th May
Up early and after breakfast in the hotel we were back down to legoland to experience the rest of the park...I think I may have said before (too lazy to go back and read), but the park really is too big to experience in one day and the queues do slow your pace right down, so if you are planning this as an outing (should you make it to the UK of course) you need to plan for at least two days on your first trip and as the park offers really really good discounts for two day passes it is fairly affordable and certainly cheaper then coming back at a later stage...unless you upgrade your ticket to an annual pass that is.

Highlight of day two for the kids was split between the roller coaster - which I couldn't do due to pregnancy...shew lucky break, have no idea how I would have been brave enough if I didn't have the excuse (lol) and the Wave Surfer. For me the Wave Surfer was the hands down winner for although I also couldn't do the ride due to bump, I got to set off the water bombs and you should have heard my shrieks of delight as I gave my dh a real drenching.
Miniland was also a winner on Sunday... it just blew us away that the entire exhibit is built out of lego - and trust me when I say it is impressive!





Well, those are most of the highlights of the trip - it was an exhausted family which made our way home on Sunday night...in fact Phillip couldn't keep his eyes open and was asleep before we made it out of Windsor, as for me, it was the first time since we have been here that I actually went to bed while it was still light.......but what a WONDERFUL weekend, and one I think we will remember for years to come.
1 comment:
Wow Megan what a wonderful way to spend your birthday. Wish we were there. Hope you had a wonderful day. The Dolloway 4
Post a Comment