Not such a busy day today - started out with being woken as Phillip and Si headed down to the common at 06h30 to play cricket with the new cricket set Phil got from Andrew yesterday.......what the neighbours must think of us crazy South Africans I simply can't imagine - first the husband arrives and lives in a house with only a camp bed, sleeping bag and tv for almost 2 weeks and then when the rest of the family arrives they are out playing sport with the sparrows (lol).
Had my blood test done and should have the results in a day or so, so no worries there....on that thought another three firsts for England....
First time I have worn a belly bra - I know I know had never heard of one either, but my wonderful friend Tanya sent it to me and basically it is like a swimming costume which is made of lycra and is very tight and helps to support the bump (in the absense of stomach muscles like mine) .... must say does seem to be helping and the sore pelvis hasn't been to bad today.
First time I have visited a NHS hospital and experienced government health care, and to be honest not too bad at all - nothing like Westville Hospital of course, but clean and I found the staff helpfull and friendly, so feeling a bit better about having the baby there - yet to see the maternity unit, but I suppose it doensn't really matter what it looks like, as the state is paying lock stock and barrel they get to say where I go.
First time I have EVER broken a sweat doing housework - and on that note I want to you all to go and hug your maids (and don't be surprised if they are sweaty) ... floors, kitchen, dusting and both bathrooms is a mammoth task and today with the warm weather was a very hot one too (lol).
Just got back from fetching Phil from football practice (don't call it soccer here or you get met with a blank stare) and at the end of each week the coach awards the "player of the day" floating trophy which Philly was awarded for being an outstanding goalie, so as you can imagine he is walking on air and simply LOVING his new school.
No comments:
Post a Comment