Had a lovely lunch with the neighbours yesterday...was a bit of a shock when they arrived and realised that we were sitting outside and shot home again for hats and sunblock...I mean the temp couldn't have been more then about 21 degrees, but I guess no matter where you are your skin is used to the climate in the area and they are all soooooooooooo fair - I have burnt a little and Megan has the most beautiful rosy cheeks, but Phil and Si (with their very South African skin) are loosing colour by the day!
After lunch (and loading the dishwasher) we decided, or more appropriately, I coerced the family into a walk in the little wood behind our house...it is very very pretty and a lovely way to spend half an hour and settle a big meal - well off we went and things were going very smoothly until after about 1/2 mile (+-1km) our little lane ended on a road...well neither Si or I had seen this road before, and I, in my infinite wisdom, suggested that we walk back along it rather than turn round...now I have to say at this point that it was TOTALLY my idea and Simon and the kids really weren't keen, but needless to say they humoured their pregnant mother and off we went.



We had come out on the Ardingly Road and the whole world was returning from the South of England Show, so what should have been a lovely afternoon walk turned into a mad dash for our lives as we dodged crazy English drivers. And it gets worse - we had come out nearly 5 miles from Lindfield, so one veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery long walk later we staggered back into the village with Si and the children vowing NEVER to listen to mom again, and I think my suggestions of a "little walk in the wood" will be studiously ignored from now on!!!!!!!! BUT we survived and I captured some lovely shots en route, so all was not lost.



Andrew is coming down from London today to have lunch and we are all off to "The Witch" our local watering hole which I am told serves lovely pub grub, so looking forward to some time with family as missing all back in SA very very much!
1 comment:
Hey GF!...thanks for the news, and for the gorgeous pics. Everything is soo beautiful and lush and GREEN!...sniff... . Have a lovely day!..and keep the news coming. Love Bee
Post a Comment