Thursday, 19 June 2008

Thursday 19th June 2008

All in all a very good day to say the least....

Up early to more blue skies albeit with a bit of a bite in the air, Megs not feeling so good, bit of a cold coming I think - but after the alternative to school which was a day in bed with no tv and no nintendo ds game, she decided she felt much better and was up and about without too much fuss.

Directly after dropping kids at school I headed out to Burgess Hill to meet Kerry.....now some of you may have heard the story of the strange facebook message I received asking me if I was the Andrea from Pinetown Girls and if I was in Burgess Hill a couple of weeks ago...... anyhoo, Kerry was the sender of that message, and I am so glad she did. Turned out to be a lovely meeting, started at o9h30 and after 2 lattes moved on to her house where I finally left at 14h30 but only in order to fetch my kids at school - and let me tell you I feel restored.

It felt like I had known Kerry forever and conversation just swung back and forward about everything you can imagine....it was like being with an old friend and someone I will definitely be in touch with from now on. Also got to meet Kerry's husband Rob who was at Gelofte and is a laugh a minute - I can't wait to introduce them to Simon as am sure this has the potential to be the beginning of a great friendship. Am going out to Kerry's on Monday night (and no, don't have to worry at all about being out on my own after dark....it is the other poor sods on the road you have to worry about with my night blindness (lol)), she is having a Pamper Chef party and I am going to go along and meet some more of her friends, she also runs a toddler group every Wednesday morning which I will join shortly so am already feeling a little less isolated.

Kids both had a wonderful day at school and received certificates in assembly this morning for doing so well in their first week, in fact my son seems to have turned over a whole forest and won "Star of the week" for his grade for his outstanding behaviour and earning his house the most points....long may it last!!!!!

No comments: