Monday, 9 June 2008

Monday 9th June 2008

The summer weather has definitely arrived, and Phillip is now convinced that the UK is having a drought as everyone told him it rained all the time and we have had 6 days of sunshine and he is sure this must be some kind of record (lol).

Hit my first real wobbly last night - not the major hamster breathing freak out kind, just that slow sad kind, when you realise that everything that is familiar to you is no longer there...fell asleep on the couch as happy as can be and woke up terribly sad and missing the weight of my poxy ginger and white cat and the fact that I hadn't had tea at my mom's house on a Sunday for 3 whole weeks.

Si was very patient and let me talk it through, very amused that it was in fact Hobbs who had produced the drama...and I am feeling much better again this morning, if a little drained - guess it is to be expected, you can't make this kind of move and never have a down day, I have just picked myself up this morning and focused on the positives (definitely no Johnny Clegg and boerewors rolls any where near me today) and what we do have, and a lovely surprise chat with mom this afternoon helped and I think I am back on track.

Nothing much happen otherwise, as I say low key day - kids finished home school and I am just about to begin supper...if the saying goes "some days are diamonds and some days are stone", I guess today just fits somewhere in between.

1 comment:

Tracy Schimper said...

Hey gf, sorry you're feeling low. But I know you'll pick yourself up. From the pics I feel like I'm a little closer to you in spirit. You have definately moved to a beautiful place!! You're having better weather than us at the moment. Got 'lil gremlins in our new system at work, Beryl is going grey over night, and Trish has come in to sort everything out. They are both being such stars, and keeping me busy. Missing you stax, Beryldene and I are staying away from each other, i think its just easier for us, coffee without you and Lin just isn't the same :)