Thursday, 5 June 2008

Tuesday 3rd June 2008

Very lazy day today and the first that we have had absolutely nothing to do – sounds dismal, and I must admit it has been a very long day, but I am doing okay, and certainly no really bad homesickness yet…a phone call from mom at just the right moment helped to stave that off and it was great to have a chat and talk about her trip in August – I think the trip is getting us both through the tough bits as at least we have something to look forward to and we know that we will be able to see each other in 78 more sleeps, give or take a bit – still a bit long for a termy worm, but am sure the kids and I will have set one up by the beginning of August.

Phil out again with Murray, survived their first fight and all is reconciled so I am sure this is a friendship that has a chance – Tash not home from school yet, but I am sure as soon as her homework is finished she will be round and that will be the last I see of Megs for the day, not a minute too soon either as the TV has been on all day, but with the dismal rain (putting paid to any plans for the park) and a very scant selection of toys really not a hell of a lot to do.

Off to take my double chocolate chip muffins out of the oven for tea – really am turning into a domestic goddess (lol)!!!!! Dinner tonight is home made chicken and mushroom pie – haven’t quite stretched to making my own pastry just yet. Ironing all done, and dishwasher packed, house spotless and beds ALL made.

No comments: