Well today is our first day on our own and I would be lying if I didn’t say I was a little bit daunted, Simon headed off for the bus stop at around 08h00 and that was it, he is now in the city about 50mins train ride away, so we are on our own.
The kids and I decided to take a walk into the village and must say it is very pretty, Phil took his ball along and after having a look at all the little shops in the high street, we headed for the park for an hour for them to have a little run around and it was actually rather nice to have nothing else to do but watch the kids play and kick the ball around with my son – who knows maybe we really can make this work and I really can adapt to being a stay at home mom without a frenetic lifestyle.
Pies for lunch from the local bakery, which is very quaint. Kids are unfortunately watching quite a lot of TV at the moment, but the weather has been grey and rainy since Monday (surprise surprise) and as they don’t have a single toy here with them, there really isn’t much for them to do, but we are getting there and I intend going down to the local school when they open again on Monday (half term here, so schools closed for a week) to see about either enrolling them or starting some kind of home schooling program.
No comments:
Post a Comment