What a night, started with reading the local daily only to discover that there is a very real possibility that I will now not be having the baby at the Princess Royal hospital (the only reason we moved to Haywards Heath) as they are looking at discontinuing the Maternity services there…let me tell you, before you moan about medical aid, think very very seriously about “free” medical, it comes with a whole new set of problems. Should be speaking to the community midwife this morning, and hell a home birth is looking more and more likely at this stage of the game – and to think in South Africa I wouldn’t have even entertained the idea (lol).
Then we all went off to bed and to sleep, and let me tell you this is a new kind of sleep – you can’t even begin to imagine what it is like to sleep without always listening with one ear for dogs barking and alarms going off – you literally die, well we were all in a deep sleep when we heard the most almighty crash and a wail…my darling son had sleep walked right off the end of his bed and hit his head on the radiator…and again, with the joy of “free” medical, it isn’t just off to the emergency room to see if he is okay or a quick appointment with the doctor this morning – he is complaining of a bit of a headache so I have him lying down and am keeping an eye on him…and so with the birth of “Housewife Robertson” has also come the invention of “Nurse Robertson” (lol).
Well off to hang up my washing over the radiators – no sun yet – and make the beds etc. Looking forward to the weekend with the Village day on Saturday.
While doing the laundry I thought about starting a list of all the firsts which have come with the move, and I am sure when I look back in a year I will have a good laugh…so this is the beginning of the list.
First time flying alone on an international flight
First time working with a quirky central heating system
First time drying my washing on the above mentioned quirky central heating system
First time doing my own housework for such an extended period of time
First time I actually have time to sit down in the morning and have a cup of coffee and toast without getting indigestion from eating too fast as I dash out the door
First time walking in a wood with wellies and a raincoat
First time doing my shopping in a shop (Argos) which is totally catalogue based
On that note, I have to diaries our first visit to Argos in Burgess Hill yesterday…not having broadband yet (due to be installed on 4th June), I have not been able to do any more shopping for our larger furniture items, and with Simon having given me a not insubstantial shopping budget, I am itching to get going as it is literally burning a hole in my pocket (lol).
So off we went to find the Argos shop, thinking that I could pick up a few things and have an actual touch and feel of the products instead of just viewing them online…anyway in we walk and imagine my surprise (and the store if you can) to find a room about the size of a large sitting room in South Africa and rows and rows of tables with catalogues on them – yup that’s right, there is no space here for huge shops and as the Argos catalogue is 3000 pages long, the store would need to be enormous – so you walk up to a table, go through the catalogue, check the stock availability on a little computer at each counter and then once you are ready you proceed to the till, place your order, pay and then sit in a long line as you wait for a guy behind the counter to call your order number and you can pick up your purchase – all large items are delivered to your home. Quite an experience, but one we enjoyed and I will definitely return – am in love with the Argos range, have been told that Ikea is also very good, but as the closest store is 1hr20mins away it hasn’t been an option so far, and they don’t offer a 30 day money back guarantee so I am a bit nervous of buying from them sight unseen.
No comments:
Post a Comment