I can't believe that 10 years ago today Megan was born...in some respects it seems like just yesterday and in others I simply can't remember life without her, but I guess that is the same for all parents - life without children ....... ummmmmmm......no, can't remember (lol).
She has truly grown into a remarkable young lady and has settled into life in England like she was born to it - Philly is having a good time and enjoying himself but not quite the same way as my little English Rose, can't quite describe it....just the way it is.
As for Simon and I, we are doing well and adapting to life here - I miss family and friends more and more as the days pass, but by keeping busy and using skype like a life line I am managing. It was a strange feeling leaving Legoland on Sunday - I said to Simon on the way home I wasn't sure how I felt about going "home" to Lindfield......it was the first time we had been away overnight and going home always meant Stoney Hill Lane and Hobbs and the dogs.....but I am delighted to say that as we drove into Lindfield I actually did feel like we had arrived home and it made me realise even more that England is where we are meant to be - think my dh breathed a HUGE sigh of relief, not sure what he thought he was going to do if I said "no, sorry doesn't feel a bit like home" (lol)
Birthday was celebrated in usual Robertson style with hearts desire as a gift and in this instance it included a Nintendo DS hand held computer game and two goldfish named Gold and Sunshine....as many of you know this was supposed to be the PUPPY birthday, but Megs has graciously agreed to put that on hold and the goldfish were the substitution. Fay (my aunt) and Andrew (my cousin) joined us for the day from London in celebration of Meg's birthday and that was absolutely stunning - lovely to spend time with family and just be with people who have known you forever.
It was the country dancing show at the school and Andy joined me while Fay went off for tea with a friend.....at this point I just need to say that I had promised Phil I would be in the front row if he could bring himself to dance - now the show started at 13h30 so at 12h40 I diligently made the 7 minute trip up to the school to ensure my spot.......and to my absolute disbelief did not see another mother before 13h15, so definitely very different from HP where we all would have been cursing each other in the car park and needed to be there two days in advance to reserve those front seats (lol)....anyhooo, watched a delightful show in which my son took part I am very proud to say and Megs was absolutely radiant doing her Maypole dance - I wasn't sure if we were able to take photos after all I have heard about the English and their photo laws so unfortunately didn't have my camera with me.
I unfortunately couldn't stay for the whole show as had a prearranged appointment with the midwife (which I will get to later) so left Andrew to hold the fort and returned to find him having tea with Phil's teacher having taken part in the dancing as Megan's partner at the end of the show....those of you who know my cuz won't be a bit surprised and it definitely turned out to be one of the highlights of Megan's day!!!!!
As for the appointment, very routine, just the same as our monthly appointments with the gynae in SA - all is fine and according to the midwife I am blooming........lots of movement from baby which is good and my blood sugar and pressure seem to be perfect - am having routine blood tests done on Wednesday as I am now over 29 weeks and from next week should I go into labour early they will do everything they can to save the baby so need all my info on record......but wait for this, I have to go into town and drink a bottle of lucozade and then be at the hospital 60 minutes later, not a minute before and not a minute later, so that at the allotted moment I apparently ring a special bell and they will take my bloods immediately to ensure the absolute accuracy of the results.......I am telling you these English are crazy, but I have to say in the nicest, most organised and efficient way possible.
Finished the evening with dinner at the Witch and the wonderful news that Cayne and Linda will be coming to stay with us this weekend and will arrive just after breakfast on Saturday morning....I am so excited don't think that I am going to be able to sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment