Tuesday, 26 August 2008

The Changes in Nicholas

As we approach Nicholas's due date (28th August) it is amazing to see the changes in him.....he is more alert now and has gone from literally sleeping 23 hours a day to staying awake for short periods after his feed and enchanting his father, grandmother and siblings....me, he doesn't have to work so hard on, I am enchanted regardless.

Last night I was in the bath when Nicholas woke for his feed and Si had to go in to him and get nappy changed etc, once he had finished he carried Nick into the bathroom to see how much longer I would be, it was so sweet to see this tiny little boy curled up against his dad, and Si actually stopped for a bit to look in the mirror, definitely a strong bonding moment

We have also noticed that Nicholas's normal baby reflexes are getting much stronger as he reaches his due date, he is now sleeping with his hands closed and grabs your finger when you place it in his hand. He is rooting more and I delight in his baby kisses when I hold him on my shoulder for winding. Speaking of which he has finally leaned to wind, it was amazing that his immature digestive system just wouldn't let those winds break for the first couple of weeks, but he is now becoming a champion "burper", and his dad and brother are very proud.

He has started responding to our voices more now, and turns his head when you call his name, his eyes are still immature, but he is definitely tracking items if you hold them around 20cms from his face, he has also noticed his hands, but as they get closer to his face his eyes just squint more and more (lol). He is learning new sounds every day and is starting to "play" with his voice we are now all waiting with baited breath for his first real smile.

2 comments:

Michelle Ramsay said...

Nicholas is just so cute and I am glad he is progressing so well.

Please pop over to my blog, there is something there for you (www.scrappywalker.blogspot.com)

mary said...

NICHOLAS SEEMS TO GROW A LITTLE EACH TIME YOU SHOW A PICTURE.IT LOOKS AS THOUGH NOT ONLY IS ENGLAND GOOD FOR MEGAN & PHILLIP, BUT IT ALSO SEEMS TO BE AGREEING WITH MASTER NICHOLAS.HE IS SO CUTE I COULD EAT HIM UP.GREAT TO HEAR THAT ALL IS WELL WITH HIM.WAITING IN ANTICIPATION FOR THE RESULTED ON 4/9/08.LOVE TO ALL.MISS YOU TERRIBLY.LOTSA LUV MARY - SA