Sunday, 24 August 2008

Sunday 24th August 2008

Three months ago today I set off from South Africa not really sure what life would be like, but hopeful that we could make a go of this enormous move.....now I am here and feel like it has been my home forever. South Africa feels so far away and even my mom has commented on how settled we seem in such a short time.

We love our home and have decided to extend the lease for another 6 months at least and will make a decision on whether or not to buy once we return from South Africa in April, having hopefully sold our property there and with better idea of exactly what area we want to live in here - the South East of England is such an incredibly beautiful area that we are really spoilt for choice, but want to make the best decision as far as schools etc are concerned.

We have made wonderful friends in Robert, Kerry and their family and my relationship with Tanya is once again as it was 10 years ago, and of course the big bonus is Linny, Cayne and the girls just a couple of hours away. I have also been overwhelmed by the kindness and support that we have experience from relative strangers through the birth of Nicholas, and my cupboard is literally brimming with beautiful gifts that have been given to us.

Off to Crawley this afternoon to the cinemaplex there to watch Mama Mia with Mom, Megan, Kerry and Donay....have been wanting to see this movie forever, I mean Pierce Brosnan and Colin Firth in one movie, what more can I say. Si and Phil off to see the new animated Star Wars so a good afternoon all round. Stew already prepared and simmering in the slow cooker ready for our return.

2 comments:

Michelle Ramsay said...

Such a nice feeling when things work out. Hope all goes well with the sale of your house.

mary said...

HI ANDREA.AM THRILLED TO HEAR THAT YOU GUYS ARE HAPPY THERE.IT LOOKS LIKE HEAVEN & AS IF IT WAS MADE FOR YOU & YOUR FAMILY.I AM SURE THAT YOU WON'T HAVE A PROBLEM SELLING YOUR HOUSE HERE IN SA.HOPEFULLY THINGS WILL LOOK BETTER NEXT YEAR WITH REGARDS SELLING PROPERTY.TIME NOW IS DEFINATELY NOT A GOOD TIME TO SELL.MISS YOU ALL LOTS. MARY