Wednesday, 20 August 2008

Wednesday 20th August 2008

Megan is home at last and I feel like my family is complete.....must be honest I am not mad about sleepovers, I like to have all my chickens in the nest before bedtime so that I know that they are all safe and sound.

We are having a lovely "art and craft" morning, Phillip is in the kitchen making "spoon puppets" and granny is teaching Megan how to make "corn dolls" out of wool....a couple of weeks ago Megan started making pom poms and she now has a stunning collection which we are going to use to make little Nicholas a mobile. Now she is on to these lovely little dolls and it is just so nice to have a fun day at home together. Both the older children have been absolutely stunning about the birth of Nicholas and that behaviour coupled with awesome reports has resulted in Simon giving us permission to go out and buy a Playstation II for the family, so that is our outing for this afternoon....there is a awesome shop in Haywards Heath which sells reconditioned playstations for the equivalent of about R450 with 4 games so tonight will be "playstation and pizza night".

Nicholas started his antibiotics this morning and his first reaction was to spit it out......I had forgotten just how difficult it is to get a baby to swallow muti, and it took much blowing and coaxing and laughing from Mom at his expressions to get the precious 1ml into his system - and I have to do this once a day for a month......now the trials begin.

I have spoken to my Health Care Worker Margaret on the phone this morning about Nick and this infection and I must admit I am feeling much better, had a bit of a wobbly last night, but now that I understand a bit more, and that in her opinion the hospital is just being very cautious due to his "very traumatic start" (her words not mine) and that he is not sick I am feeling a bit more stable - bit worried about how I am going to get on once my mom goes as her and Simon are my rocks at the moment and keep me distracted, but I guess Nicky will be over a month old by then and I will be feeling a little more confident...it is not that I am battling at this stage, just more that I don't have time to dwell on the little things and as a result don't have time to get myself into a state, and as a result my state of mind is good at the moment - but like mom keeps saying, lets cross that bridge when we get to it and not loose today worrying about tomorrow!!!!!

3 comments:

Michelle Ramsay said...

I don't envy you having to give Nicholas his medicine - but hang in there, it will be fine!

What a treat for the children - playstation II. Next you must get the charioke (sp??) - it is loads of fun!!

Keep well.

mary said...

HI MY FRIEND.CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THESE LITTLE DOLLS MEGS IS MAKING.YOU & SIMON HAVE EVERY REASON IN THE WORLD TO BE PROUD OF MEGS & PHILLIP.AM SURE AS THE DAYS GO BY, GIVING NICHOLAS HIS MUTI WILL BE EASIER.AM SURE THAT YOU WIL MISS YOUR MOM TREMENDOUSLY WHEN SHE FINALLY HAS TO COME BACK TO S.A. BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER,YOUR FRIENDS ARE ONLY A CALL (SKYPE) AWAY.LOTSA LUV MARY

Jo said...

Hi Andrea, lots of luck with baby! I was surprised to see you had moved to England. All the best, we may be following in your footsteps hopefully.