Monday, 11 August 2008

Thursday 7th August 2008

Today I received the very unexpected news from the paediatrician consultant that I am finally able to take Nicholas home…it has been a long and emotional haul and there have been times when I have wondered if I am ever going to get out of here. We have been fighting the jaundices since day one and still don’t have levels that are completely normal, but the consultant who examined Nicholas this morning is convinced more than ever, especially in view of his weight gain (72grams in 1 day) that it is related purely to his bruise and the fact that we have different blood groups could also have a contributory factor…so with nothing more sinister or worrying then that they are prepared to chance the release and I will bring him back on Sunday afternoon to have his levels tested again and hear the results of the blood tests that they have taken.

He has warned me to remain psychologically prepared to be readmitted if things don’t settle, but I am putting my total faith in God that this will be the beginning of welcoming Nicholas into our family home and I can finally spend some good quality time with my mom….I have to admit to becoming increasingly anxious that I will spend most of her trip in hospital and not get to spend much needed time with her before I say goodbye again till April when we return to South Africa for 2 weeks, just wish my dad could also be here with us, I thing everything we have been through in the last 10 days has made me want to curl up in the heart of my family and just rest for a little while.

No comments: