
Due to a high Billy Ruben (Jaundice) level he has been on a Billy Bed which is aimed at controlling his liver function and helping him to process the huge bruise which he has on his head due to the suction cup and as a result of the bed we need to keep his fluid levels high so despite the fact that he is latching and feeding well he is being “topped” up through a nasogastro tube after each feed.

I need to mention at this stage, that although we have heard some really rough stories about the NHS and Maternity care in this country, Simon, Nicholas and I have experienced nothing but exceptional, professional and caring service, from the midwives who looked after me through the long labour and literally stayed at my bedside for the last 12 hours, to the consultants and anesthetist who finally completed the delivery, through the community midwives who run the maternity ward to last but not least the exceptionally committed and dedicated paediatricians, paediatrician nurses and sisters who run the special baby care unit. Not for one minute have I felt unsafe or afraid and everyone we have had contact with is an experienced professional with our welfare at heart……amazingly enough, this is ALL for free.

My mom arrived on Friday morning, she managed to change her flights on hearing that I was in labour and I think her arrival has been as much a relief for Simon as it has been for me. My poor dh is exhausted with running the house, looking after the children and offering emotional support for his wife and baby in hospital, so now that my mom is here at least he can relax a little as she willingly takes up some of his load.
No comments:
Post a Comment