Another terrible night, Nicholas has already decided that he is a home babe and decided to make me pay for my trip to Burgess Hill yesterday......I eventually ended up sleeping on the floor next to him on his changing mat as that is the only place he would settle and we could get some sleep - think my dh was a bit shocked when he came in in the morning to find me snuggled in the foetal position on the floor at the end of my bed (lol).
Speaking of the trip to Burgess Hill, I have a confession to make........it has clearly been a long time since I was mom of a tiny baby, once we had done the trip and arrived in town I realised that I had gone out and left the nappy bag in the hall cupboard complete with dummy, nappies and other essentials. As if that wasn't enough, I removed my lovely graco pram from the boot and then spent literally 10 minutes looking at it trying to work out how the hell to get it open....finally succeeded and Nicholas spent a happy hour being pushed around and then a not so happy 10 minutes in the car while my mother and I BOTH worked on getting the pram closed (lol) , you should have seen the bemused looks of the seasoned English mothers as they drove past these two mad South Africans cursing and swearing at the pram and finally trying to make it fit into the boot still open (lol). Needless to say we finally managed to close the pram and headed home.
As for today, had a lovely slow morning and then a wonderful visit from Linda, Cayne, Caylin and Jordan......so lovely to be able to show them my little boy and Nicholas's first fairy godmother was smitten within minutes and even got to enjoy a little cuddle after feed time. After the Andrew's departure, it was just time to tidy up and our health care worker arrived for our first appointment.
Now this is something totally foreign to me, once a week for the next 6 or so weeks Margaret will come and visit Nicholas and I at home and weigh him and just check that he is generally doing okay and keep an eye on me and watch for any signs of depression etc, almost exactly the same as having the clinic come to you, they don't do the immunisations however, those are done by the gp on a very similar schedule to SA. Nicholas has put on another 72 grams since Sunday so all in all we are very pleased with his progress and once again I have been blessed with more then sufficient breast milk. Off to register his birth in the morning and then another hospital appointment to check those jaundice levels in the afternoon.Granny is loving her third grandchild and although both her and Simon tell me they have to beg to hold him, she is getting cuddle time and I think I am going to have to check her suitcase when she leaves to make sure she isn't smuggling him back.
2 comments:
Oh, he is sooooo cute, Andrea.
I cannot imagine going back to the baby thing but looking at him makes me all gaga ...
Love,
Tracy
HI THERE.HE SEEMS TO GET MORE EDIBLE EACH TIME I SEE A NEW PICTURE.WISH I WAS THERE TO BE ABLE TO HOLD & CUDDLE HIM.YOU ARE SUCH AN AWESOME MOTHER & HE IS BLESSED TO HAVE YOU AS HIS MOTHER, AS IS MEGAN & PHILLIP.WISH I COJLD PRINT SOME OF THESE PICTURES AS TASHA KEEPS ASKING ME.SHE SENDS HER LOVE & WELL WISHES.TAKE CARE.KEEP THE NEWS COMING.LOVE & MISS YOU ALL VERY MUCH.ENVY YOUR MOM BEING THERE.
Post a Comment