Having Nicholas at home has been wonderful, I feel better already and am starting to settle into the routine of having a new baby in the house......having my mom here has been an absolute god send and we are sharing the cooking and housework on about a 70/30 split (70 to her and 30 to me lol) which is helping me to walk before I have to run (lol).
The first night home was absolutely horrific and I spent much of the night wishing I could just go back into hospital....I think Nicholas was just very unsettled and with all the new sights and sounds he just couldn't switch off and go to sleep, by 03h00 I was exhausted with no milk left and leaning over the side of his crib crying while he sucked on my finger for an hour. I am delighted to say that things have improved considerably, and Simon was actually able to sleep in our room for the first time last (Sunday) night.
Saturday passed in a blur of dirty nappies and breastfeeding (I am sure all you moms out of there remember those days), I did manage to get out of my pajamas, but only just (lol). Sunday was Nicholas' first bath day and after the initial shock of finding himself undressed and back in warm liquid, he settled down and really started to enjoy himself. We have a wonderful conservatory on the front of our house which is an absolute sun trap and Nicholas and I spent some quality time (with a camera of course) enjoying the warmth and exposing his little "yellow" skin the to sun's healing (but filtered) rays.






14h30 was appointment time at the hospital and although Nicholas's jaundice levels still have not dropped since he left hospital, at least they haven't risen and he has been able to maintain without the lights. I confessed to being a little worried and freaked out, but my logical and calm husband and mother have been talking me through it and I am feeling better about it all now.
Nicholas is definately thriving and has put on another 70 grams which takes him over his birth weight and he is just the most delightful contented baby you can imagine. The elevated levels however do mean that he needs to return to the hospital again on Wednesday for more checks, but I am praying that this time things will have started to change.
Mom, myself and all three children took our first outing into Burgess Hill today in search of Macdonald Burgers and to show mom the wonders of the Argos shop.....Nicholas was a total treasure and slept all the way through the trip and both Megan and Phillip where on top behaviour so all and all a lovely way to spend the morning and after all those days in hospital really really nice to be out.
4 comments:
Hi Andrea
So happy your gorgeous little boy is home with you.
He is soooo beautiful - looks like a little grandpa - love it!!!
It is NOT easy being away from home and especially when there are problems, but you are doing great and before long, you and bby Nicholas will be fully recovered and all this will be in the past - then he'll be a teenager .... (tee hee).
Love,
Tracy
Hi Drea'
Reading your blog yesterday... just made me realise exactally how far you guys are from us... couldnt quiet bring myself to leave a comment as everytime i thought about it, i had to walk away and just get it together...
Little Nicholas is so beautiful, he acutally reminds me alot of Phillip...
I hope Phillip is doing better and has settled into being a big brother...
I see Megan is a very proud big sister... even if it is to a brother and not a little sister as megan wished... but im sure that she will be the best big sister ever... and will have Phillip to voucher for that...
If you thought that we where counting the sleeps till Xmas... you where wrong... we have my husband very frustrated with counting the sleeps till APRIL...
I hope you enjoy your time with little Nicholas and im sure that it will all just fall back into place shortly...
In a way the school holidays have probably worked out nicely, with the kids able to spend some time with there brother... (though you may not agree, having 3 kids at home all together...)
Keep smiling and being the best mom ever... Miss you all
Love Brett Charl and tegan xxx
PS - My husband was even hanging over my shoulder reading your blog, and looking at photos of the kids and little Nicholas... Hows that...
I dont know if you are aware of the fact that your hit counter is not going up... it seems to have stopped at 1001377 for some reason.
i have only noticed cause from the time that you went into labour, it climbed from 1009...something to about just over 30 hits a day...
Love me
Andrea, your boy is too darling. Makes me want a boy, but hubby and I have decided 2 will be our quota. Especially if we plan on still living here in SA, unless we go abroad. Seeing that I am already 40 this year..maybe just concentrate on getting my life back and enjoying the girls.
Just remember God is watching of your baby and everything will be fine.
Look forward to seeing your 1st page of baba...scrapped!!!
Post a Comment