What a CRAZY last couple of days. Apart from taking some time to recover from my pharangytis, I have also been trying to obtain some kind of travel document for my darling Nicholas as the opportunity presented itself for us to return to South Africa for our intended visit in April.....well I have exhausted absolutely every avenue and paid a fortune in phone bills only to determine that we definitely won't be coming back as Nick is in fact not entitled to a British passport and it is going to take up to a year for his South African one to come through....I know I know, sounds insane, but that is "African" time for you, and the fact that he was born in a foreign country seems to complicate things tremendously.
Not all was doom and gloom though, I had a very fortuitous conversation with my cuz on Friday morning and I am now working for him on a part time basis (from home) administering the website for his latest business....Pedalstudio.....Andy has always been a fantastic businessman with great ideas so I am sure that this one is going to fly, and he seems quite chuffed to have me along to take away some of those admin headaches for him. Going up to London (on my own with Nick again) on Monday to check out his studio and then to the SA Embassy to sort out Nicholas's birth registration and passport application.
Spent most of today checking out houses....yes back looking for the perfect one at the perfect rent.....isn't that typical of most of us who don't own our own homes - once again nothing I would even let my dogs live in so we will keep looking and at least every time we get home we realise just how lucky we are.
Off swimming at the Olympus on Sunday which is always fun and then London on Monday and tea and a walk with the NCT girls on Tuesday so lots to look forward to again this week. Si seems to be feeling a little better and is whistling around the house again which is always a good sign.
4 comments:
Happy birthday Gill!!!
Gf, sounds like you are all back on track and have a busy week ahead...business as usual...well tomorrow is my first day officially back at work - looking forward to the routine again, but we have so enjoyed this long break and made the most of it...happy house hunting!!
Hi did I miss something, I thought you had decided not to come back in April, brillant that you are though. We are also renting at the moment and omg it is terrible, I imagine constantly that I could be better of.
Happy house hunting - don't envy you. Can' believe the passport issue - red tape and politics. Hope it all gets sorted out.
Enjoy your week - looks busy, but fun.
May I ask why Nic is not eligible for a British Passport? Having my child in August in the UK, so would love to know more...
Post a Comment