It is 6.45 pm and already I can hear my little bed calling.....oh the thought of an entire nights sleep seems too good to be true....and of course it is, but I figure if I go up about the same time as Megan and Phillip I should get a couple of hours before my littlest needs a feed, and the way I feel tonight those couple of hours will be total bliss!
We have had a very busy weekend and I am in that nice tired state where dosing on the couch in front of the central heating is all that I feel moved to do and even typing this entry is more activity then I am wanting right now.....Saturday involved cleaning house and cooking in preparation for Simon's birthday celebration in the evening and today included mounds and mounds of ironing and an impromptu trip to the village for gifts.
Once again spending time with Rob, Kerry, AJ and Lisel on Saturday night was everything we hoped for and more and I think Si's first birthday in England was a success.....he was relaxed and happy and we spent hours laughing and chatting like much older friends then we actually are.....maybe it is our common "South Africaniss" that has forged such a strong bond so quickly, but like I have said before, I really thank god for sending these wonderful people into our lives.
Today as I trudged through the village high street in the pouring rain looking for my dh's birthday gift (no it wasn't a last thought, I knew what I was going to get all along....just needed to have the opportunity to go and get it) I found myself thinking longingly of "Pavillion"style shopping....somehow the charm of a little English country village high street is diluted when you have to literally charge from shop to shop jumping puddles in an attempt to get out of the rain, and once you have your purchases you have to "waterproof" them in about 6 plastic bags (very uneco friendly) so that you can get them back to the car....in these moments thoughts of piped music and elevators and shops under one roof taunted me.....but hey, shopping in the rain, another FIRST so guess I need to stop complaining.
5 comments:
oh i am thrilled you had a successfull dinner party - wlel done - you are such a good wife. listen doll - where the hell are the photos???????????????? you cannot tell me you didnt take any all evening??????????? seriously need to see some -
i also miss the PAV and find myself doing the same as you in the rain - but hey!!! less chance of a mad gunman taking over a jewelry store here hey....and if he did at least we would be able to get away as opposed to being trapped in the PAV - so therefore i conclude - BRING ON THE RAIN AND THE OUTDOOR WALKWAYS
Glad your DH's birthday was special for him, you really care so much about your family. Friends new & old are so special & you have started a whole new chapter in your life soon your new friends will be like "old" ones. LOL about your shopping its one of the things I love about the UK the individual shops I normally avoid the big centers & my brother & SIL despair of me dragging them round their quaint shops !
Wonderful to hear you had a good time.
So understand what you mean about the sleep - two of mine were not well over the weekend. Just waiting for kids to get dropped at school and I'm back in bed for an hour to catch up on some lost sleep!
Enjoy
xx
hi my friend.happy to hear that Simon had a good 1st birthday away from S.A.Am also happy to know that you have got friends to be there for you guys,for both the good & bad times.
I hope we will get to go to the Palace in Brighton as it is apparently one of the places i must not miss out when i am there.
chat soon.take care Mary
Am reading backwards in Google reader so see you had the little celebration. Yes, I see what you mean about the romantic notion of High Street shopping not living up to our expectations in the rain,kinda takes the cuteness out of it, lol!
Post a Comment