Thursday, 22 January 2009

Thursday 22nd January 2009

Shew (now there is a "South Africanism" for you) it is lovely to have the whole day at home with only the children's collection at 3pm this afternoon to tempt me out of doors.....the weather has turned "typically" English winter over the last couple of days and although it is warmer (7 degrees) it is wet and windy and GREY....finally the grey skies I have heard so much about - honestly, I do prefer the subzero temps with electric blue skies, but hey you can't have it all so I will hunker down and live with it for a couple more days before I really start moaning.

My plans for today are simple.....to do as little as possible......I finally have Pedal Studio under control and down to the planned 1-2 hours per day which is great and I have no social plans so I am going to cook Nick some food and then do some housework and chill with my baby boy.

I commented to Simon this morning that 3 months ago I was literally gagging to get out the house and would do ANYTHING for SOMETHING to do and now I am quite content, I live a whirl of a social life with some fantastic girls and I am actually looking forward to some time on my own....not too much mind you, but today is perfect.

I also don't think it will do Nick any harm to be home for the day, with London on Monday, walking at Wakehurst on Tuesday, Kindermusiek and tea with Hilary on Wednesday and walking at Sheffield Park tomorrow it has also been a hell of a week for him and some home time is probably not a bad idea.

4 comments:

Charlene said...

Helloo...

We used to battle with Teggy and we would have to give her a little water (50 to 100ml)with half a teaspoon of brown sugar to drink during the day... (I know you said that Nic wont take a bottle but what about a drinking cup)

Otherwise not to sure about his age and if he could have it... but what about adding some digestive bran into his cereal.(Like half a teaspoon or so)

Anyway, enough playing Doc, what you got planned for Simons birthday on Monday?

Love Charl

Anonymous said...

Enjoy cooking the divine fresh veggies available to you in the UK in your steamer.

Ella Swan said...

Hi Andrea!
Thanks for your vote of confidence. I made it in! Yes I am very excited. Hope you get a chance to scrap again soon. I took a year off when I moved here cos it was simply chaotic, & that was WITHOUT a baby, lol! Despite haveing 4 kids I have forgotten all my old remedies but I reckon if it's not bothering him don't panic!

Beryldene said...

OMG. your plight reminds me so much of those stressful days with my kids....when nothing helped at all...except for Millipar...a very very old remedy which saved our lives....love Lucy Loo gf!