The temps here are still very low (-8 degrees at this minute) and according to the locals this has been the coldest winter in at least 10 years, this being the longest period snow has actually remained on the ground in memory....it is not as thick as it was on Monday morning, but my back garden is still white as are any areas which don't receive much sun during the day. Apparently the temperatures last night were 10 degrees lower then the same night in 2008....so that is saying something.
I have just returned from a walk (yes it is still possible to go for a walk at minus temperatures lol) and the pond is now totally frozen, the poor swans and ducks are looking very forlorn as they pick their bread off the ice....shame they keep slipping and sliding around, must be very hard for them and they swim to keep warm so it is awful, the park keepers break the ice for them every night in one corner but it just freezes back. Such a very different way of life....shew when I think about how things have changed from this time last year it sometimes takes my breath away.
Kindermusik this morning was lovely and it was the first time I actually missed Moms and Babes...the classes are very similar and run along the same lines. Nicholas LOVED every minute of it and it was wonderful to have that focused time.....we do have it most days, but somehow this seemed different. Off to fetch Megan and Phillip soon and then they are going to bake chocolate brownies for pudding while I make a lovely big cannelloni for dinner - we certainly do eat like kings here as somehow cooking doesn't feel like such a chore....probably coz it is so warm standing in front of the oven (lol).
2 comments:
When I stayed with my friend in England in Dec 2002, I was on my own during the day as they were at work, and would often go for walks round the area - freezing, but oh so invigorating - just loved it.
I must say, I have also got to enjoy cooking - maybe there are no stresses of homework etc and I am more relaxed within myself. Enjoy, your family can only benefit. It is great when the children help - always fun!
hi there.glad to hear that Megs & Phillip are still eager to help out in the kitchen.would give anything from one of the brownies !!! Love to all
Post a Comment