Tuesday, 27 January 2009

Tuesday 27th January 2009

Last night Si and I decided we needed to give ourselves and the family something to look forward to so we have taken a bit of a chance and booked ourselves a 3 night getaway at a caravan park in Devon (about 4 hours drive from us) in March.....Most of the caravan parks here are run by large organisations with parks all over the country and the Haven group which we have gone with are running a spring special which means we only paid £98 for the whole family in total.

We are going to stay in one of their mobile homes and the park has beach access to a sandy beach with both an outdoor and indoor pool for if the weather is a bit iffy and lots of other things for the kiddies to do, so holding thumbs it won't be a disappointment - I have heard that most of these parks were developed in the 70's and can be a bit tired, but we so loved our holidays at Happy Wanderers and Bazley on the KZN South Coast that we have decided to take a risk and go for it......if we don't try we will never know.

Spent some time at Rhymetime and Cafe Rouge this morning and then had to take Nick for his BCG vaccination...they are not done as a matter of course here and I have been on a waiting list since he was born, but at least it has been done now and I can rest easy when we next return to SA on holiday.

Things with Pedal Studio have settled down to a nice manageable level and I am enjoying the couple of hours a day mental stimulation, Si is being really great about it and helping with Nick in the evenings when I need to do the final updates. Lisel popping in this evening on her way home for a glass of wine which will be lovely and then I am off to Kindermusiek in the morning with my neighbour Stephanie, so once again a busy couple of days.....but better that then bored I always say.

4 comments:

The housewife said...

That looks like a really nice place! Devon is beautiful.

Michelle Ramsay said...

Devon I have heard is very pretty, so I am sure you are all going to have a wonderful time

mary said...

It looks lovely & I am sure you guys are going to have a ball.Am sure you all miss going to the caravan park here back home.

Take care.Love & miss you all, Mary

The housewife said...

You are welcome to 'stop' over for lunch or something on your way to Devon! Ringwood should be a convenient halfway stop?
x