Today was the last day of holidays, and I have to confess to a "back to school" feeling myself.....I have loved the company of having Simon and the children around every day and after a few "teething pains" in those early days we have settled down into such a lovely pace and routine that the house is going to seem very empty tomorrow when they are all back at work and school.
I think little Nicholas is also going to be a bit disorientated as he has really bonded with his daddy over the last 2 weeks and his precious face lights up whenever Si comes into the room....it has been a very special time for them and I think Si is going to miss him just as much.
Joined the ladies from my NCT group and their partners for lunch at the Witch this afternoon, which turned out to be a very pleasant way to while away a Sunday afternoon.....again it highlighted just how expensive it is to eat out in this country and we are going to have to have a few lean weekends to make up for it, but it was fun to be out in company with a roaring fire and interesting conversation, so well worth it I think. Had a bit of a shock on the way there however, I had decided to wash my hair before we went out and left it to dry naturally (as usual)....hadn't however anticipated the below zero temps on the way there and ended up with a frozen head of hair...literally, def another first for England lol.
3 comments:
Hi gf, just caught up on the last few posts as I'm not sitting on my computer 24/7. My girls are desperate to get back to school so I daren't tell them Meg & Phil are back already. I spoke to Nigel, and he's going to bring your pressies over and post them to you guys from UK.
It is amazing how we get used to having family around and when they are not there, the place just seems so empty. But, enjoy your time with Nicholas and you might even get to do a little scrapping!!
Hey Gf...
well it's been a crazy few days...to find the time to blog has been short of impossible!...even sitting here now I feel guilty as I have a number of things on my 'to do' list, so quickly trying to go through all the posts I haven't read or commented on, but alas...it doesn't go back far enough I think...sniff...
well I can so feel your frequency on this post, as this is my week of manning the office before I go on leave again next week for the last week of the hols, and really BATTLING to settle into "the office" space as it were....
Thanks for all the news....
Missing you
B
Post a Comment