Tuesday, 13 January 2009

Questions and answers

I read these questions and answers a couple of days ago on blog buddy's blog and really enjoyed them so thought I would give them a go

What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Moved country.

Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for this year?
Absolutely, they are the same every year....to eat, drink and be merry....easy to keep lol.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
My nephew and his partner had a little girl and I had Nic.

Did anyone close to you die?
The fathers of two of my best friends so a very sad first half of the year.

What countries did you visit?
England.

What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A wonderful job for my husband which stimulates and excites him.

What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
24 May the day I left South Africa to start our new life in England and 29 July the day my precious third baby was born.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Moving country and having a baby within 3 months of each other and not loosing my mind completely lol

What was your biggest failure?
Not preparing my husband properly psychologically for this move.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Gall stones which resulted in an operation to remove my gall bladder at 14 weeks pregnant.

What was the best thing you bought?
My Tom Tom Satnav system and the children's DS Lites

Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My two older children's -they have taken a HUGE upheavel in their lives with grace and good humour and have proved themselves in their new school and amongst their new friends....I am very very proud of them both.

Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Those in power who continue to allow the most horrendous attrocities to go on.

Where did most of your money go?
What money....I am a stay at home mom, or have been for the last 6 months.....other then that probably on the move.

What did you get really, really excited about?
SATC - the scrapbooking weekend that Tracy and I hosted through Scrapkits....it was just one long two day high. Oh and obviously the move and the birth of Nicholas lol.

What song will always remind you of 2008?
"Punk Rocker" - I know it is an oldy, but it was the only cd we had when we arrived here and it reminded me so much of friends back home that I played it over and over again.....Even my mom associates it with being in England.

Compared to this time last year, are you: a happier or sadder? b thinner or fatter? c richer or poorer?
Definitely happier, maybe a little fatter (still trying to shed those baby pounds) and a little poorer as we try to get back on our feet after the move.

What do you wish you'd done more of?
Nothing, I am at peace with everything I did and achieved in 2008.

What do you wish you'd done less of?
Stressing and worrying, but with me that is like saying breathing lol, so I guess it isn't really an option.

How did you spend Christmas?
With wonderful new friends who opened their home to us and made it a very special day.

Did you fall in love in 2008?
I fall in love with my husband all over again on a regular basis (aaaahhhh sounds a bit corny I know), oh yes and with little Nicholas.

What was your favourite TV programme?
Gilmore Girls reruns which I watched from beginning to end; Strictly come dancing, Gok Won's How to look good naked and Ramsay's Kitchen nightmares.

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Definitely not, I try not to go through life hating people.

What was the best book you read?
That is impossible, I read about 40 of them.....but didn't hate any of those so guess they were all good.

What was your greatest musical discovery?
Didn't have one this year I am afraid.

What did you want and get?
MY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What did you want and not get?
Nothing I can think of....what a lovely position to be in if I say so myself.

What was your favourite film of this year?
Mama Mia.

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
35 and can't really remember....sure it had something to do with the bratz in the morning and my folks in the evening....first half of the year a bit of a blur......know Tracy was at hobbyX in JHB that weekend.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Wow, I can't think of a thing.....2008 was just a really good year for the Robertsons

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Same old same old....jeans and retro fabrics. Spent a large part of it in maternity wear though lol.

What kept you sane?
Skype....without skype I would have gone mad, need the daily contact with my loved ones back in South Africa.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Fancy as in make the hormones jump....gotta be Gordon Ramsay.....I know I know.

What political issue stirred you the most?
Thabo Mbeki resigning as president of South Africa.....I found it very unsettling, especially watching from so far away.

Who did you miss?
Everybody we left behind.

Who was the best new person you met?
That is easy....Kerry and her husband Rob, they have been absolute lifesavers for us since we arrived.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
It is not the place that makes you happy but the perspective.

3 comments:

Tracy Schimper said...

Aaaah....

Beryldene said...

lovely read my friend....so good to do these things as they make you reflect!

Anonymous said...

Loved reading about your 2008.Agree on the Gordon Ramsey bit but The Gilmore girls!!!!!!!!!