NTC group meeting this morning, I must admit I am really loving this course and am going to explore the option of completing a two year diploma in post natal counselling - that is a wonderful thing about living here, studying is really easy and there are loads and loads of opportunities to get involved with helping people.
The community spirit down where we live is tremendous and the attitude towards new mothers has been a pleasant surprise, I have been so blessed with all the support and encouragement that I have received that I would really like to give something back once Nicholas is a little older and as I so so loved Mom's and Babes and being involved in PNDSA I thought what better way. The girls on the course are also great and we now meet twice a week, once for tea and chat and once for NTC, so it is at my house next Monday and I am looking forward to entertaining again and intend to lay on a lovely cream tea complete with strawberry jam scones and fresh clotted cream.
The community spirit down where we live is tremendous and the attitude towards new mothers has been a pleasant surprise, I have been so blessed with all the support and encouragement that I have received that I would really like to give something back once Nicholas is a little older and as I so so loved Mom's and Babes and being involved in PNDSA I thought what better way. The girls on the course are also great and we now meet twice a week, once for tea and chat and once for NTC, so it is at my house next Monday and I am looking forward to entertaining again and intend to lay on a lovely cream tea complete with strawberry jam scones and fresh clotted cream.
After the class I braved the very scary situation of weekly shopping at Tesco's without mom, and considering that last week (with mom) was almost a disaster as Nicholas started screaming half way through the shop, my hands were literally shaking as I pushed the trolley in through the door.....fortunately we made it and Nick was a little cherub, in fact, I was so heartened by our success that I even headed futher into the town to Argos to buy Nicholas an activity gym - he is really getting strong now and is awake for around 4 hours in the afternoon so the idea is that he will spend at least some of that time in the conservatory "playing" while I get the dinner done.
Finished the day off with a visit to our local secondary school and I was very very pleasantly surprised not only by the facilities but by the attitude of the teacher's and pupils and by all the subjects both academic and vocational that the school has to offer - it is definately a very strong contender at this stage, and the best bit is that Megs could walk to school.
The school even has a working farm and Megan was very excited at the prospect of being able to be a "young farmer" in the afternoons and get involved with all types of animal husbandry, something she has been very keen on since her time at Waldorf....this along with the textile and food technology couses has her wishing she could start there next term.
1 comment:
hi my friend.i am so glad to hear that you are entertaining again. Nicholas gets cuter by the day & bigger as well.
Megan has always been one to tackle things & she is not a difficult child to please.
Please give both her & Phillip my love as well as Simon. Love & miss you guys lots Mary
Post a Comment