Saturday, 25 October 2008

Saturday 25th October 2008

Yesterday was the children's first day at home for half term and we had a lovely pajama day in front of the television....that is one thing about the cold weather, you feel totally justified snuggling up under a blanket and doing nothing at all.

Today heralded the end of my 5th month in England and I find it hard to believe that I have been here that long already. I was speaking to Linda yesterday morning and we were just commenting on how much we feel we have had to accomplish since our arrival and I must say I am amazed at what you can get done when you have to - Lin suggested putting our accomplishments up on our blog so that we can look back on it one day and I think it is a brilliant idea so here goes....
  • Found a home
  • Furnished a home from scratch (lots of lovely money to spend so that was easy lol)
  • Leart my way around a new town
  • Learnt to drive in English country traffic
  • Learnt the lingo which in some instances is like a foreign language all together
  • Found and settled the children into a school
  • Learnt to do housework and work out the most efficient way to get the ironing done
  • Made new friends
  • Had a baby
  • Found a Secondary/High school for Megan
Here's to the next 5 months, I only hope they have been as exciting as the first.

FYI, temperature at 09h45 was 6.8 degrees!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Had to laugh at you running around like a mad African documenting the frost! It's GREAT to see I'm not the only one to have an English neiughbour shake their head in flabbergasted amusement (or is it bemusement?!)

PS. Pity bout the email : can you try mine: lisarobertsart@gmail.com -- maybe this time it'll work ;)

Ella Swan said...

That looming English winter is making me nervous! Let us know how you cope...Helen

Ella Swan said...

PLEASE help me install my clustr.map! I have double clicked on yours, which took me to their home page, I have followed instructions to install onto my blog and I was told to copy and paste the HTML text onto the page I wanted. Obviously it would not allow me to paste directly to my blog so I went into Customize then clicked on Add a Gadget, then entered the URL of clustr.maps (which I copied and pasted to ensure it was perfect) as it would still not allow me to paste all the HTML text, then I as told that it could not install it as it was broken. If you can tell me what I am doing wrong I would be eternally grateful as it is driving me insane. I have tried 3 times in the last week and it is such a waste of time. Thanks, Helen

The housewife said...

Lovely photos. In a few years time you'll look at them and laugh and say "remember when we used to get excited about the frost".

It's good to have the memories blogged.

Michelle Ramsay said...

Ha, ha, I can just picture it!!!!

Hope you got everything done whilst you had some "free" time.

Beryldene said...

Hey GF,

As usual..your photography is awesome...and really captures the cold...eish let me dash for a polo neck!!!! grrr

Tracy said...

Brrrr ... brrrr ... and again, brrr ....

You sound really happy and I am happy that you and family are settling in so well ..

I have tagged you on my blog - no pressure to take part - only if you feel like it ...

Love, Tracy