Wednesday, 29 October 2008

Tuesday 28th October 2008

After a lazy start (Margie and I only got to bed after 1am we were talking so much) we decided that the clear blue skies bode well for a trip down to Brighton so very warmly dressed we all headed out in Aunty Madge (aka the bus) for the coast.


After a walk through the steets of Brighton and a visit to the Pavillion Gardens it was down to the beach front for a picnic and a chance for the children to play on the pebbles. The weather was very kind to us and as we sat down behind a wind break on the beach the sun shone and at one point it was actually quite warm. Nicholas LOVED his first visit to the beach and lay kicking his legs and beaming at everyone while the other three children skimmed rocks and dug holes in the stones.


After a lovely lunch we took a slow stroll down the pier and the cold crisp weather resulted in the most PERFECT light for photographs, so while Si and Margie chatted and pushed the pram, Fergus and I were "shooting" like crazy trying to catch the perfect shot and I must say it was great to just be taking photos for photos sake, something I haven't done since my trip to Cape Town with Tracy in 2007. Got some stunning shots (well in my opinion) which I am well pleased with.

5 comments:

linda andrew said...

oh my goodness me - what astunning photos my friend - you truly have an eye for it - i am proud to be assosicated with you - when you are famous remember little old me - well done andrea - i would sell the pics to brighton for their next magazine or something - they are seriously good. sounds liek you had a fantastic time with margie and fergus - so so so so happy for you all.

Jenny said...

I agree that they are stunning photos

Anonymous said...

I like the Brighton pics, the taking of photographs for the sake of taking photographs is always worth while, they are always good fun to look at at a later date and see what was missed the first time around.

We need to see MORE.

Do you remember (not likely) that the first time you saw the Brighton Pavillion you were only 6 years old..

Ella Swan said...

You are a seriously good photographer...really!

mary said...

THE PHOTOS ARE ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. THEY ARE SO BEAUTIFUL THAT I COULD SIT & LOOK AT THEM ALL DAY.AREN'T YOU HAPPY YOU BOUGHT YOUR CAMERA (THANKS DAD).

YOU SEEM TO BE ABLE TO CAPTURE THINGS AT THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME.

KEEP CLICKING MY FRIEND.MISS YOU GUYS LOTS. LOVE MARY RSA