Thursday, 9 October 2008

Thursday 9th October 2008

Warm glorious autumn weather....I am becoming very British in that I obsess over the weather and I am beginning to understand their excitement when they see blue skies. Decided not to walk to clinic today as I wanted to go and see a house in Lindfield which is up for rent and that I drive past every day on my way to fetch children. I wanted to see it just for comparison really and to see if we can't find something in the area a little cheaper as we are paying £995 a month for our place and although it is stunning it is a little steep.

Sadly, I now totally understand what we are paying for, the property was absolutely tiny and the kitchen was literally one cupboard wide with the fridge and freezer in another cupboard and no room for the washing machine and tumble dryer which were in the conservatory.....and it was on for £925 per month, the third bedroom was so small we wouldn't have even been able to fit Phillip's bed into it, so we are definitely going to stay were we are for at least the next 6 months.

Off to Chailey Secondary School tonight for a viewing, need something to compare Oathall to before we make the final decision, although I am secretly hoping that it doesn't blow me away as it is quite far to drive and will make fetching and carrying a bit of a mission, especially as Phillip is hoping to leave their existing school at the same time as Megan. Other than that, just another day in paradise.

More "Local Lingo"

Mobile = cell phone
Right fit = really good looking
Geyser = an old bloke
Bloke = a man
Boiler = a hot water geyser
Wellies = Gumboots

1 comment:

Michelle Ramsay said...

Hope you had good luck with the school hunting.

I enjoy the lingo and could you just imagine talking to someone about your "geyser bursting" and what they would think!!! ha ha