Sunday, 19 October 2008

Sunday 19th October 2008

Today we have taken it exceptionally easy....after a lovely long chat to first Linda and then Tanya (an hour with each of them on a Sunday is exactly what the doctor ordered) Nic and I spent a large part of the morning asleep and have now just finished baking rock cakes for the family....Pizza for dinner later and then an early bed, the perfect way to spend a chilly day.

Yesterday was Phillip's party....well not exactly a party, he didn't want a party, so we just had a "special day" at Tulleys Farm with Phil, Murray, Adam, William, Megan and Sophie. Tulley's Farm were launching their Halloween Fest and the children had lots of fun first in the "Field of Screams" which is a huge cornfield maize and then on the Hayride of Horror....they tried the Creepy Cottage, but Megan was the first one out crying and not long after the boys decided it was a bit much for them too and came running out.

They all managed to convince the ticket lady to refund them their tickets so they could try again later.....yeah right, I don't think Megs will ever go near the place again. All in all a lovely afternoon and I even baked my first birthday cake for Phillip and although it was absolutely no comparison to the masterpieces my mom has made them over the years Phil was chuffed which made me feel quite good.....really am working on this new "domestic goddess" persona.

High: Baking first Phillip's birthday cake and then the rock cakes....funny the things that bring us pleasure!

Low: Having to ground Phillip for a week and ban him from spending any time with Murray and Tash because we caught them all off in the woods on their own again despite being told repeatedly that it is out of bounds....some times we have to be hard to protect them, but his tears nearly broke my heart.

5 comments:

Jo said...

Gorgeous pics as always. I love that homemade Mom cake.

Beryldene said...

hellooo...gf is that you in the wonky mirror????...hey...where???

I so so so would have loved to run in that field myself...sigh....Phil, we love you boy, and happy birthday for Friday....

Love
B

Michelle Ramsay said...

It is always nice when your children appreciate what you make for them - glad he enjoyed your cake.

I know it is really hard to ground your children especially when you know how sorry they are. I have been through that - it is not nice. But, they have to learn.

linda andrew said...

sounds like great fun - and well done on the cake GF!!!!!missing you lots!

mary said...

sorry i couldn't send Phillip a message for his birthday but i was in hospital.glad to hear that he had a nice day & was spoiled.

What I wouldn't have give to have a slice of his chocolate cake - my favourite.

it is really hard to sometimes have to ground our children but it is for their own good. sure it is all over & forgotten about by now.

Lotsa luv Mary