High: Watching my children flourish this week - Megan attempted and passed her cycling proficiency at school first time round (in this country the children are all expected to take a cycling proficiency test in their year 6 so that they are schooled and confident in road safety as most of them will ride to school in secondary school); Phillip once again won Player of the Match at football and the absolute high had to be watching him stand up in front of all those strangers in church and read (those of you who know him well will know just what an achievement that is).
Low: Missing something I don't want so much it hurts....it has to be the strangest feeling in the world, I don't want to return to South Africa for anything, (and not because it is such an awful place, but because we have just grown and flourished so much as a family here) and yet I miss it so much....I know, doesn't make any sense to me either, but there you are.
Spent a lovely relaxed morning with Kerry and Rob at theirs enjoying a wonderful fry up brunch cooked by Robert and then off to Tesco's to stock up on Halloween goodies for the children. I don't strictly believe in Halloween, but this is the first time ever my children have had the opportunity to experience this event, so I have given in and allowed them the whole bangshoot so that they can really go ahead and enjoy themselves.
3 comments:
Love the pics from yesterday. What do you attribute the flourishing as a family to? Interesting for me, still living in SA
I hope the children don't make me dress up again this Halloween - it's all fun until they make me go trick and treating with them. It's not the norm for adults to get dressed up around here.....
Lovely reading your blog - good to read that your family has adjusted so nicely. We also have 3 kids - our little English rose was born in Salisbury 18 months ago.
Will be back to read more.....
hi there.am really impressed that Phillip has come out of his shell.Megan must be chuffed because she passed her "test" first time.Please give them my regards.Love & miss you guys lots.
Hope you are no longer feeling down!!!!!! That is not like you.
Post a Comment