Sunday, 30 November 2008

Sunday 30th November 2008

Life in Lindfield is certainly very different in the winter and weekends spent out and about exploring and enjoying our new country have come to an abrupt halt....most of the large attractions are closed for maintenance through the winter and as it is just so cold it seems like a very good idea.
This weekend was another quiet one at home although we did take the children out to the old "bug house" (movie theater) in Burgess Hill to watch High School Musical 3....we must be one of the last families on the planet to have seen the movie, but it was worth it, the kids loved it and there was more than one part which had us all laughing out loud - not surprised it has been rated as the best of the three.

The Orion Theater in Burgess Hill has been standing as long as anyone in the area can remember and it takes Simon and I back to the days of the movie houses in Grahamstown. We do have a modern cinema complex in Crawley (about 25 mins drive) but we actually quite enjoy this quaint little theatre complete with ushers and a projectionist....real olde worlde.

Megs and Phil are back to school tomorrow having finally recovered from their illnesses and I am looking forward to getting on top of the house again as I must confess my domestic goddess
status has slipped a bit while they have been home.....just too difficult to clean and iron with 3 children underfoot - well that is my excuse anyway and I am sticking to it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fondly we remember the many visits to the local bughouse in days gone by when a movie ticket cost 25cents.

Michelle Ramsay said...

That is one movie I haven't seen yet, best I get to see it, seeing as it is getting rave reviews!

Yes, I remember too, the movies that cost 25cents!!

Beryldene said...

Gf...uh..no..you are not the last family to see it...WE ARE!!!...

Oh and to watch it in all that olde worlde charm!!!....awesome!

The housewife said...

We haven't seen it. How lovely to have a little old theater - they closed the one in Ringwood a few years back. Now it's just a grotty old building standing serving no purpose. What a waste!