After feeling a little bit miserable yesterday due to a tooth extraction and the beginnings of a throat infection, I decided that what my body needed this morning was a little bit of lovely fresh air, so despite the cold, I loaded Nicholas into his pram and the two of us took a good brisk stroll into town and you know what, that and a good gargle with strong salt water was exactly what the doctor ordered and I am now feeling on the mend and ready to face my WONDERFUL weekend with Linda and family.....I was totally gutted when I thought I may be sick......but am now on top of the world and counting the hours until they get here.
Before leaving on our trip I have to confess a VERY embarrassing moment with the electrician who had been sent out by Leaders (our property management company) to fix my door bell which hasn't been working since we got here.....he arrived, opened up the mechanism and asked me when last I had changed the batteries.....eeeeeeekkkkkk......I felt like the worst kind of idiot and had to really work those eyelashes while blushing profusely and all the time apologising for wasting his time - but that is not all.....just as he had climbed back in his truck I remembered that the lights in the conservatory haven't been working for some time, and yes I have changed the light bulbs (lol), so I went dashing out in my socks and asked him if I could trouble him for another five minutes and would he check the fuse box for me.....well after some investigation he bent down and flicked the switch on the wall and hey presto lights on......omg if the ground had opened at that moment I would so gladly have crawled in.....all I could hear was my dad laughing in my head and calling me a turkey - don't think I have blushed that much in years (lol).
6 comments:
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, spare a thought for the unfortunate electrician, the sad thing is when he repeats these stories to his mates in the pub over a beer they will call him a liar
wow what pictures - i simply had t comment - wow wow wow!!!
oh gf....just wanted to COMMENT on how awesome your autumn scenes are...i can feel the fresh crisp air and hear the crackle of the leaves under your feet...guess I'll just have to swop you beach scenes for autum ones....ahem...and gf..i so wouldn't have mentioned the part about the electrician!!....some things are better left unsaid!!
Luff your gf
The poor electrician!!!! ha ha ha, I can just imagine how you felt ha ha ha.
Your photos are absolutely stunning and with all that fresh air being breathed in, no wonder Nicholas had a good sleep. I must say I used to do that for my children when they were small - take them for a walk and they slept for quite a while thereafter.
gf, absolutely LOVE your photos they are beautiful!! Seriously biker chic is sooo sad for you, tut, tut
Sorry my friend,but i had to laugh when i read about the electrician. We forgive you.You must have had a blonde moment.Am sure everybody has had moments like these before.I sure have.The pictures get better & better each time. Mary
Post a Comment