Sunday, 16 November 2008

Sunday 16th November 2008

After a lovely sleep in and breakfast consisting of pancakes lovingly made from scratch by my precious dh, we finally got our acts together enough to have our much needed family photoshoot.

In South Africa I religiously had the family together out in the garden every 3 months or so, in order to capture the passage of time and so that there would never be a shortage of happy shots of us all together (including me for a change lol).....this hasn't been the case here unfortunately so today was the day and armed with the tripod we braved the cold to get these shots.

After the shoot it was off to Burgess Hill to fetch my lovely kitchen trolley which I picked up "free, gratis en vir niks" from Freecycle...For the uninitiated, Freecycle is a web based service whereby you can "recycle" items you no longer want or need and they can find new homes other than the landfills, all you have to do is go and fetch them and they are yours.

This is an amazing "throw away" society and it is great that what is junk in one home can become a treasure in another - with enough time I am sure you could furnish an entire house for free....we, fortunately only have the above mentioned trolley and a desk for Megan.....but it is early days yet.

Nicholas, I am pleased to say, is recovering nicely from his cold and both Megan and Phillip are happy and ready for school tomorrow....one of the good things about a peaceful weekend at home is that everyone is refreshed on Monday morning.

8 comments:

linda andrew said...

oh wow - i adore the photos - they are all so amazing - well done my friend. as for the freecycle thing - we also think it is great - and as you know use the perk often. adore your kitchen trolley - going to come in great use - enjoy it my friend. you can take it outside when you braai even - lekker lekker

The housewife said...

Lovely photos and what a good idea. I only take photos of the kids - must get the whole family in!

Michelle Ramsay said...

Stunning family photos. We also try and do that with the whole family when we have get togethers. Lots and lots of laughs to try and get everyone organised!!

Enjoy using your trolley, I am sure you are going to have many great entertaining events.

Beryldene said...

Gf...so nice to see you all together...PARTY OF 5!!!

Awesome pics, and the one of the kids together is just gorgeous!

mary said...

Hi my friend.Thank you for the lovely pictures.We are finally getting some pict where you are included.Love the one of the three kids together but also love the family photo.If only I could print them it would make my heart very happy.

So,I missed out again on pancakes.
Really miss you guys plenty.Lotsa luv Mary SA

Anonymous said...

We simply love the latest family shoot with some very special photos of you all.I will be placing my order for copies soon.Kitchen trolley looks just like I've always wanted...lucky fish to have found it and whats more,for free

Tracy Schimper said...

love the photos & love the trolley - i so wish we had freecycle here, gosh i would so be addicted!!

Ella Swan said...

Wow, that's a first! Stuff for free! Can't see that taking off in South Africa, lol! Love the photos...you are making me feel bad now 'cos it's something I haven't done in a while now either!