Tuesday, 18 November 2008

Tuesday 17th November 2008

What a lovely lovely day! Last week, during one of our NCT walks, my friend Jess suggested a trip into Brighton to show me the shops and perhaps finally allow me to buy Nicholas some much needed "big boy" clothes, as I keep being asked if he is in his pajamas. The English don't do this whole babygrow till they are 6 months old thing and there are even jeans available in newborn size.

Well today was the day, and after vacillating back and forth as to whether or not I should actually go...budgets being what they are with me not working.....Si persuaded me that a day out with the girls would do me good, and even if I couldn't spend shed loads of money I could still enjoy myself and do a bit of window shopping.....and I am so glad that I went.

Brighton was absolutely stunning without the huge weekend crowds and it was wonderful to be out shopping again in a big shopping center, to have coffee in a real coffee shop and enjoy some laughter and girlie chat - I did manage to shop for Nicholas (thanks to the sales) and have come home armed with two pairs of jeans and tops for him and a real boys hat as well as all his Christmas presents, so all in all a very successful day.

Lunch was in a lovely Italian restaurant in the lanes and it was the first affordable meal I have found to eat in England.....certainly helps to be with the locals as they know where to find the best places at affordable prices.

5 comments:

linda andrew said...

how wonderfull - glad you got to shop and laugh and socialise...so healthy. you simply have to try do that at least once a month !!! wish i was there to share it all with you

The housewife said...

Absolutely - good to get out and have some girlie time. I want to see Nicholas in those news jeans....

Michelle Ramsay said...

Brighton is stunning. You need to visit the Pier with your children and let them watch the glass blowing man.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of Nicholas in his new outfits.

Tracy Schimper said...

sooo glad you got to enjoy some girlie time! love ya

Ella Swan said...

Wish you had had your camera with you too! Don't forget about us...we still want to see it all! Actually, have been to Brighton & also enjoyed the shopping! Found a Woolworths there (not like our Woollies) and everything was DIRT cheap...