Friday afternoon and evening were for chatting and we talked and talked and talked....any of you who know us both can just imagine (lol) and the Andrew family each took turns getting to know our little Nic a bit better.
Saturday morning started at a lovely leisurely pace and after breakfast Lin and I headed out to Uckfield for the all important boerewors from our trusty SA shop.....yup we where going to braai again, only this time we sensibly decided to do it during the day so it was a little bit warmer for the boys. Lin's lovely sister Lindsay joined us from London and it was so stunning to spend time with these warm and loving sisters. This will officially be the last braai of the season as you can't buy charcoal in England in the winter (weird place lol) so the webber has now been put away in the garage, much to Simon's disgust.
Saturday evening was the viewing of the all important Sex in the City as I am the last of the Bratz to watch the movie, and it was a very bitter sweet feeling to watch a movie about the friendship between 4 women that so much reflects our own....it once again highlights the gap these 3 amazing women have left in my life and just how incredible our time together was.
Sunday dawned crisp but bright so we decided to take a walk in the private wood behind our home, what a lovely way to spend a happy couple of hours....and I think Linny even shed a tear or two out of pure happiness....the children literally frolicked along while the grown ups kept a more peaceful pace and once again the opportunity for a photoshoot simply couldn't be missed.








Just a stunning, stunning weekend....Lin and I were both very emotional at the end of it and I hope that we will be able to get together again sooner rather than later.
7 comments:
All i have to say is sniff, wish i was there too!
Okay thats not all I have to say....
Sounds like you guys has an absolutely awesome time, some of those photos though, are just shouting for B and I to be in them. I'm very grateful that you posted so quicklym I was desperate to see your photos. Lots of love. T
I am emotional reading as this as I know how special friends are and spending time with them is just the best. I can see from your stunning photos that you all had a great time and it is always sad when great times like that come to an end.
You will just have to order lots of charcoal and have a stockpile, then hopefully you can braai in winter!!
GF's!!!! Where do I start...the pics are just AWESOME,AWESOME..! Good eyecandy from the boyfriends!...and And's and Lin...seeing your 2 faces is like food for the soul - truly....unfortunately in the pics of us together, my head got cut off, as I was no doubt nestled under Linnie's breasts, and Trace must have just bent down at the moment you snapped the pic! ...UGHHH...
Looks like you all had some well deserved "happy time" together....miss you guys madly
wow - that was lovely - well done andrea - loved the week-end it was simply perfect. cant wait to do it all again and again and again and again
I so enjoyed reading about your weekend and loved the pics,I could almost hear all the happy banter and laughter during your walk in the wood.It brought back such happy memories of my stroll there with Meg.The photo of the 3 children in the puddle is super as are "5 girls on a fence" and the "Robertson 5" I must have a print of that one.I wonder what the neighbors thought about the shoeless South African standing in a bucket to thaw her feet. The mind boggles.The nice tanie in Uckfield will miss you during the winter but imagine how nice the wors will taste when it is warm enough to start braaing again.Luv you lots
love the family picture.If only I could print it & frame it.Looks like you guys really had a nice time.Good idea with regards to stocking up charcoal.Picture of the group of 5 also very nice.The one with you with your feet in the bucket takes the cake.What a mother wouldn't do for their children.Miss you very much. Mary
I'm back trying to catch up with your blog. Fabulous pics! what camera do you use?
Post a Comment