Friday, 21 November 2008

Friday 21st November 2008

A quiet but pleasant week in which Nic and I have shopped and walked and slept and bonded and it has left me feeling happily comfortable in my life.....I really do count myself as one of the lucky ones and as I sit and ponder the week gone by I realise that life really is what you make it - I could sit here and bemoan the stillness of my existence and mourn for my once hectic and at times frenetic life, a life that I so loved or I can accept the change gracefully and embrace the silence that I once so craved....I have chosen acceptance and with it has come a peace that I don't think I have ever really experienced before, a peace from which I am able to put my husband and children first, not just in theory, but in actual practise.

For the first time in our lives we have only eaten take away twice in the last 6 months, and not only because of the price, but because I am happy to stand and cook for my family and enjoy the quality time around the dining room table as we share the meal at the end of the day. I am able to support my children in their day to day issues and have time to stop and actually listen to the "exciting" story about the spider they found on a bench at break which some of the kids thought was poisonous and than Megs was brave enough to pick it up and get rid of it so that it didn't scare the other children (all narrated in Phils best breathless voice with his eyes flashing)...these are precious moments that will never come again, and in my past existence they are moments I would have only listened to with one ear and half my brain as we rushed from one place to the next and the rest of my mind was occupied with what still had to be done in a day.

So today as I reflect, I count myself blessed and although I say again as I have said hundred's of times before, I miss my family and friends every day, I am so grateful for this new path and as I lift my beaming new born son from his bed and kiss his chubby cheek and know that I have no more to do today then look after him and keep our family....I realise that perhaps for the first time ever all is totally right with my world.

8 comments:

Tracy Schimper said...

What a positive post gf!

linda andrew said...

well done andrea - i have been a stay at home mother and done just that since caylin was born - only ever working a few months before we left south africa and here and there since we arrived here - so i fully relate to the privaledge of being a stay at home mother - i am loving it now to be honest - as i know it will end again soon soon - which is also not a bad thing - as i dont have that precious bundle to ooh and aah over so i am getting lonely and bored - i know my mom is arriving soon so that will replace the void - but when she goes it will be easier if i am not sitting around alone. enjoy the time you have at home - i thanked cayne often for giving me the lifestyle i had - when the kiddies needed me i was there where i belonged. enjoy it all

Anonymous said...

wonderful to read your blog today with all its positive comments and to know that you are so content now

Anonymous said...

I loved reading your blog today with all its positive comments,at last you have time to smell the roses instead of trampling them as you rush past.

Jacqui said...

Beautiful Andrea. Trust you will continue to enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. Jacqui

The housewife said...

Lovely to 'see' that you are in such a great space. Enjoys XX

mary said...

Hi Andrea.You are blessed to finally be able to spend all your time with Nicholas as you couldn't with Megan & Phillip.But,in the same breath,Megan & Phillip never lacked for anything & when you guys were together you always had time with them.You are a remarkable mother & a remarkable friend.Thanks for being my friend.Mary

Michelle Ramsay said...

That is the best place to be when you accept things for what they are and enjoy the moments that you are able to. Way to go!!