Sunday, 2 November 2008

Sunday 2nd November 2008

Although I am not totally back to my "normal self" I am feeling much better today and am again focusing on the benefit of being here and I KNOW that with time they will once again outweigh the sadness - I am so grateful to my family and friends for being around and as many of you so rightly said with today's technology we can stay in touch with loved ones like never before...in fact my dad said yesterday that he probably knows Nicholas better through his blog then he would have in South Africa where our busy lives meant we only saw each other once a week - now he gets to see the kids every couple of days.

Had some much needed catch up on sleep this morning (lack of it is now becoming a joke and I think contributing to my downward spiral) and only surfaced at around 10.30am after which Si convinced me to join the family for an outing to Bordehill Gardens.....turned out to be lovely and we were given entrance stickers to the main gardens free of charge by a family who had bought to many for a party, so the children got to run around and experience the last of the Halloween festivities while Si and I took a stroll through the park like gardens and enjoyed the beautiful autumn colours - unfortunately I hadn't taken my camera with me so no pics I am afraid.

Si back to work tomorrow but Megan and Phil still have one more day before they are back to school - hopefully the wet weather will ease up a bit and we can spend some time in the park tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you're feeling better - yes early days yet! give it time and England will become 'home where the heart is'!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you have got over your "state of the blues".

Remember that, as with you and us, so it is the same with you and your kids, their preparation for life in an ever more difficult future world is of prime importance. the affordable education in this country is is a lesson in failure and not what I would endow on my children or grandchildren.

The "brats" are where they will stand or fall on their own efforts and not dragged down with an ever failing, sad education system and a screaming and demanding sea of uneducated faces.

We are in touch with the day to day life story of the Robertson's far more than when you all "lived up the road". While we miss our visits on the weekends you are NEVER far away, that in itself gives us comfort.

Love and miss you all.

Michelle Ramsay said...

Give things time. You will settle down and realise that this was the best move for the benefit of your childrens' future. Technology is great and has made situations like this a lot easier.

My daughter left home last year to go a live and work in England and I think I would have been a wreck if it hadn't been for blogs and e-mail in order to keep in touch.

Glad you all had a much needed outing!

Beryldene said...

Hey Gf,

Sorry I missed your last post...we have been away with our family so I can so relate to how you must be feeling, because we have found great comfort in the time spent with our family as we've pulled together since Nick's Mom's death, and have vowed to spend more time together going forward. But that said, life is full of seasons, and different sets of circumstances, and depending on each individual family, and what is important and WHAT YOU NEED, so you trade and exchange one set of circumstances to sacrifice another....I think some have left SA because of their children, and some have ironically returned to SA for the sake of their children, so I guess that settles that!...I think it's not about the country you're living in, but more about what you want and need from life, at this moment in time...and what makes your heart sing...and sometimes there will be a variety of things, and they be on opposite ends of the ocean, and then you just need to quieten your mind and look within....

your gf
B

Michelle Ramsay said...

I have given you an award. Please check out my blog to receive it.

scrappywalker.blogspot.com