Sunday, 23 November 2008

Sunday 23rd November 2008

IT IS SNOWING....IT IS SNOWING and not just tiny little none settling flakes, great big fluffy white flakes which land on the floor and settle in your mouth and coat everything that they touch.

I woke up this morning to an ill Megan (sore throat, headache, coughing.....first of the flu I guess) and while I was running her a hot bath to ease her aches and pains I noticed the first of the snowflakes outside the window.....well needless to say it didn't take us long to get all bundled up and head outside to "play". Fortunately Nic was still asleep so all four of us were able to get out there and experience the first snow fall of the winter.


After a lovely time outside (and many sidewards looks from the English neighbours) we were back in for Bacon, Eggs and Hot chocolate and after a lovely warm bath the older children are now ensconced on the sleeper couch in the conservatory watching dvds.....too too cold to do anything else and I think the remainder of this Sunday is going to be spend inside in the lovely central heating.

4 comments:

Tracy Schimper said...

Sounds like you've had a busy weekend. The prospect of a move sounds interesting, how long was your current lease for?

linda andrew said...

oh how exciting - i could hear in your voice when you called me and WOKE ME UP this morning - that it was far too exciting for you all. glad you were able to dash outside and enjoy this new experience - we had cold cold day with hail and then sleeting - but no actuall snow although it was forecast for us aswell.......

Beryldene said...

i was waiting for that SMS!!...I had been following the english weather, wondering when the snow would grace Lindfield with it's presence!...YAY!!...at last!!!

pink fluffy snowflakes
Bee

mary said...

SEEMS LIKE THE ARRIVAL OF THE SNOW WAS ENJOYED BY ALL.GLAD TO SEE THAT,MEGAN NOT BEING WELL,DIDN'T STOP HER FROM JOINING YOU GUYS OUTSIDE HAVING FUN.THANKS FOR THE PICS. LOVE & MISS YOU ALL MARY