Sunday, 20 July 2008

Sunday 20th July 2008

Another ridiculously busy weekend for the Robertson family, but such fun that no one is really complaining - my son has taken to sleeping whenever the opportunity presents, normally driving between activities and as for the rest of us, well we are just learning to cope at the faster pace...Megan thinks she has died and gone to heaven as she has always been the little activity queen in our family.

This morning met up with Robert and off we went to our first car boot sale in Sayers Common - amazing to see what some people will sell, and even more amazing to see what some people will buy. A car boot sale is not that different from a flea market, basically it is just lines and lines of cars and anyone can go along and sell off their second hand stuff at low prices, in fact a lot like a huge jumble sale. Well we spent a couple of happy hours dawdling along the rows and came away with a wicked drum set for Phillip and a couple of board games to keep us busy over the long summer holidays.

Lunch was roast beef at a local pub in Sayers Common which Kerry joined us for and I tried my first Yorkshire Pudding, and oh my word, another drug to add to my list along with Bramble Jelly and Frazzles (bacon tasting crispy chips).....really really yummy, can't believe that I have never eaten it before - must be something to do with the English water as both Phillip and I have become really adventurous eaters and my son is no longer the fussiest eater on earth and actually settled down to a chicken corma with relish the other night - long may it last!

2 comments:

mary said...

AM THRILLED THAT YOUR TRIP WAS ALL THAT YOU EXPECTED, IF NOT MORE. THE PICTURES TELL IT ALL.SO MUCH TO SEE BUT SO LITTLE TIME.AM SURE YOU GUYS WILL BE GOING THERE MORE FREQUENTLY AS IT LOOKS REALLY AWESOME.HOPE I WILL BE ABLE TO EXPERIENCE IT WITH YOU WHEN I SEE YOU GUYS NEXT YEAR.TAKE CARE
MARY

Michelle Ramsay said...

I know the feeling regarding fussy eaters - hope the change in taste buds continues!!

I don't envy you with drums in the house.

Regards