Monday, 14 July 2008

Monday 14th July 2008

Another weekend over and I am now into my 8th week in England.....part of me can't believe that we have been here two months already and yet there is another part of me that can't believe we are already so established here in such a short time.

One thing I am definitely delighted about as I look back on the last weeks is that I took Simon (and a couple of other people's) advice and booked the children into school....I was so ready to home school them, but when I look at how well they have settled into school and the friends they have made, I just don't think things would have been the same had they still been at home with me - and lets face it I probably would have been stark raving mad by this stage to.

I have started a lift club with one of the mom's from Megan's class and today was the first day that I didn't have to take them up to school - Heather is going to take them up every morning and then I will bring everyone home in the afternoons, I am thrilled to bits at this turn of events as fuel was costing a fortune and I was beginning to wonder how I was going to fit the school run into baby's morning routine......but once again I have been looked after and the perfect solution has presented itself, so one very happy person this morning!!!!! Off to the opening show of "Robin Hood" at the school later today which should be entertaining.

Had a lovely Sunday - very very busy, my dh has turned over a whole new forest (never mind a leaf) since we have been here and has gone from the "need a stick of dynamite to get him to do anything spontaneous" type to "hey lets do it and worry about the consequences later" type...a change I am really enjoying when I can keep up (lol), as it keeps life full and interesting.

Sunday started with the previously mentioned home made croissants pictured below....have to be honest, didn't actually make the pastry, you can buy ready made croissant pastry here and then you just have to roll the croissant and bake, but still pretty damn proud of myself and Phillip thought he had died and gone to heaven.

After breakfast packed a lovely picnic lunch of ham sandwiches, Pringle chips, Yogisip and fresh strawberries which we planned to eat on the beach at Littlehampton after church.

Littlehampton is about 45mins from home and the closest sandy beach and even though the weather was looking a little bit dubious we decided to chance it......well the beach certainly is lovely and I am sure with blue skies and warm sun it will be beautiful, but our experience was one of grey stormy clouds and wind breakers, but we persisted and even though we had our picnic basket peed on (yes you read right, a dog ran over and cocked it's leg and peed on us - another first for me (lol)) we refused to let our spirits be dampened and you can see from the pics that we had a great time and actually built our first sandcastle.

Once the frostbite had set in we decided enough was enough and headed back to Kerry and Rob in Burgess Hill for some nice pudding and a good laugh....met another group of South African's and had a lovely afternoon/evening - all in all another very good weekend in England!!!!!

1 comment:

mary said...

THE KIDS SEEM TO HAVE GROWN UP IN THE SHORT SPACE OF TIME YOU HAVE BEEN GONE. THE MOVE WAS DEFINATELY THE RIGHT ONE FOR THEM. YOU ARE ALSO LOOKING GREAT & CAN'T WAIT TO MEET THE NEW ADDITION TO THE FAMILY. WILL BE SENDING YOU PICTURES OF TASHA'S 21ST TOMORROW. IT IS AMAZING HOW MUCH SHE HAS GROWN UP AS WELL. TAKE CARE. MARY