Monday, 7 July 2008

Story I simply HAVE to tell........

I have given some careful consideration before disclosing this story as it may offend sensitive readers....but in the end it is something I just have to share, so hold on to your hats......

A couple of weeks ago, Megan came home from school wheeling a form asking for my permission to attend a two class lesson on (wait for it) Sex Education, which would be run at their school by the local nurse and include topics like pregnancy, safe sex, anatomically correct names for body parts etc.....well as some of you know, Si has covered most of these topics with our kiddies anyway and as I am pregnant they are aware of the "birds and the bees" so without a seconds hesitation I signed the form and sent it back to school.....and this is where the fun begins.

A couple of nights later we are sitting at the table eating dinner and Megan starts explaining to her dad that a lady needs to get hard and a man needs to get slippery so that the "sex act" (her words, not mine) can happen....well after literally spluttering on my roast chicken I explained to her that it was in fact the other way round and the man needed to get hard etc etc etc....with this she proceeds to show us the motion of the "sex act" (again her exact words not mine), yes, all the "thrusting motions" were absolutely perfect.......leaving it to my dh at this point as I am just about unconscious on the floor, Simon says "Yes Megs, that is right, the man needs to do that in order to have a baby" when Megan glibly adds "Oh no dad, in the video we watched it was the ladies job she was on top"........OMG, what do they teach these children and how - I was beyond speech and even Si looked a little surprised, but we have now been fully introduced to the English education system (lol)

Just a little anecdote from Life in Lindfield....hope you enjoyed it (lol)

2 comments:

Michelle Ramsay said...

Ha ha ha I can just imagine you at the table!!!!! What children will come out with - at least you know she was listening to the lesson!!

Keep well and I look forward to your updates.

Regards

The housewife said...

Bwahahahaha - excellent! To see things through the eyes of a child.....