Well the weeks certainly fly by here, but I guess it is because at this stage of the game we are still having fun! Below is a quick catch up on what this week has entailed for the Robertson family.......
Tuesday
Although I did put up a post on Tuesday, the evening ended in a way definitely worth mentioning....as some of you may remember I mentioned that it was a magnificent morning, well the day grew progressively better and ultimately turned into the hottest day of the year here so far - okay so the mercury never went about 28 degrees, but to the English that is hot and as we are trying to fit in we simply nod and agree with them.
Anyway to cut a long story short, it was too hot to cook (hah, any excuse), so we packed a picnic dinner of hot dogs and crisps and headed down to the park for an outdoor supper and impromptu cricket match.......the kids thought they had died and gone to heaven and whereas Phil had only mentioned earlier in the day that it was time to go home (to South Africa), he has once again decided that England is the place to be, especially as the sun only sets so late at night.....oh children are so easy to please (lol)
Anyway to cut a long story short, it was too hot to cook (hah, any excuse), so we packed a picnic dinner of hot dogs and crisps and headed down to the park for an outdoor supper and impromptu cricket match.......the kids thought they had died and gone to heaven and whereas Phil had only mentioned earlier in the day that it was time to go home (to South Africa), he has once again decided that England is the place to be, especially as the sun only sets so late at night.....oh children are so easy to please (lol)
Had a very busy day yesterday and hence the lack of post - started off with a lovely coffee morning with Kerry and the ladies from her toddler group......once again I felt very welcome and it was nice to meet some of the ladies I will (hopefully) be seeing more of once bump has arrived.
From there I was just about to dash to the children's sports day when the heavens opened and we had an hour or so of rain and sports day was cancelled....no they don't do everything in the rain here. Anyhoo, after a restoring morning in a scrapbooking shop I headed back to fetch kids and watch Phil play football - he is simply beside himself as the older kids (year 4 and 5) have asked if he can join them as goalie on Monday for a 5 aside tournament that the team is playing in....so he now has his school football kit and we are off to purchase football boots and goalie gloves over the weekend.
That said, it seems I am destined to be a "sideline" mother as no sooner had we returned from football practice and thrown dinner down our throats we were off to rugby training at the Haywards Heath Rugby Club and now I am on the search for a tennis and hockey club........seems the sports bug has really bitten here and our Phillip is keen to try just about everything (sigh.............).
That is about it for the week so far, today I am unpacking my UBags which have arrived from SA (yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeee) it feels a bit like Christmas and we are just hoping it won't bring on a huge wave of homesickness. Then I am wrapping presents for the school fun day and finally, finally I am going to finish my layout with the decal scissors which have arrived before heading up to watch Megan play rounders and then taking her to cubs for the evening.
Tomorrow we leave for Newcastle and a much anticipated weekend with Steve, Tanya and their boys so probably won't post till Monday, but should have lots of photos to show when I do.
2 comments:
yeah for you... two shops closeby is awesome in the UK and rather rare.... lucky girl. See it was meant to be then :)
I know the unpacking feeling and indeed feels like Christmas. Have fun finding place to pack everything though... (you really NEED to find Ikea girl). The house is looking fab though - loved the "now appreciate Rose" comment... I still struggle having Theresa around ironing while I sit and have lunch with the kids. Infact I do more housework when Theresa is here than when she isn't - lol.
Oooh - enjoy Newcastle - the kids are going to LOVE the accents up there - too funny. Have fun
Venessa
Enjoy the scrapping shops and hope you get the guest teacher spot!
Glad you are all settling in so nicely.
I enjoyed your "reflections" - I think sometimes it takes something serious (like a move) to really apreciate what we have had and what we currently have.
Enjoy Newcastle and I look forward to seeing the pictures.
Regards
Post a Comment