I have received Megan and Phillip's first school reports in the UK and although they are unable to comment on any academic scores at this stage, I was absolutely thrilled with the reports and just needed to get them down on the blog so that they are recorded in our "history" forever.
PHILLIP
Phillip has settled in beautifully, making good friendships and being well liked. He has become a lot more confident and is prepared to do most of the tasks I set him. He has shown he is capable of a good standard of work and, knowing this, I hope to see an increase in the amount of work he completes for each task set. His handwriting is beautifully rounded and neat and his spelling is very good. Phillip does however struggle with imaginative writing, so next year he will need to stretch that imagination and use the wealth of experiences he has locked away to produce work that is worthy of his verbal vocabulary. He is a very able mathematician, who can keep pace with the top group quite easily. I was very pleased the Phillip was prepared to play for a year 3 team in the football tournament and I look forward to him joining the tag rugby team next year. He is very polite and joins in well during class discussions, sharing valued and sensible comments and knowledge. I look forward to Phillip being in my afternoon class next year. Well done.
(Mrs Reason - class teacher)
Phillip has settled well into his class and our school and is showing himself to be popular and very pleasant. I look forward to getting to know Phillip more next year.
(Miss Chaisson - Head Mistress)
MEGAN
Megan has settled into our school and class well, at a time when the normal timetable has been somewhat disrupted with end of term activities. She is always cheerful, and has from the beginning, displayed a very kind and thoughtful attitude. She is extremely well mannered and is always ready to help. Megan should continue to listen at all times and take every opportunity presented to her. She has a considerable amount of catching up to do, but I am sure that with all the joint support available, together with Megan's desire to succeed she will be able to move forward quickly. Taking part in the Country Dance display in her second week at school was a huge challenge to which Megan rose admirably. She has learnt the words to the production very quickly and is showing promising acting talents, being very willing to take advice, watch others and learn from them. I have enjoyed working with Megan over the last few weeks and look forward to the year ahead. Well done!
(Mrs Gee - Class Teacher)
Megan has settled well and is a positive addition to her class and the school. She needs to consider her targets carefully for next year so that she can make the best of year six.
(Mrs Chaisson - Head Mistress)
I am definitely one very proud mommy....Well done guys, you have outdone yourselves!!!!!!!!
1 comment:
Andrea, Andrea, I read the grandkids reports to your mother which promptly reduced to tears. I read between the lines in Phillips report, teacher says that he will do MOST of the tasks she sets, I wonder how many he doesn't do ?????????? We are both delighted that the new school environment has proved successful.
Mother and I are both very impressed how quickly the Robertsons have adopted the English attitude to the beach, nothing like a blanket and thick jackets to make the visit acceptable, you wouldn't go near the beach in Durban if there wasn't clear sky and a 34 deg C temp.
Keep the blogs coming, we love to read them.
Love to all
Dad
Post a Comment