We have spend a wonderful, quiet day at home today and it has been lovely....after all the craziness of the week it has been great to stay in bed till 09h00 and wake up to yummy bacon and eggs in bed served by my precious dh - I am planning to get up early tomorrow and serve the family (wait for it) homemade croissants can you believe this is me talking.
Last night the Beavers and Cubs had a combined Barbecue up at the Millenium Hall in Scaynes Hill and we had a lovely time socialising with some of the other families from the school - I know that I have said it before, but I must say it again, the English (well the ones that we have met anyway) are generally incredibly friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcome, so Simon got to enjoy a couple of glasses of wine and talk rugby with one of the fathers and I just got to soak in the camaraderie, which was great.
Today, after a later then usual start, Simon committed to finishing Phillip's bed - the last big building project and I must say he is a real trooper, finally the bed is finished and in Phillip's bedroom and Megan is much relieved to have her room all to herself....10 year old girls and 7 year old boys are not the most stable of combinations, especially as Megan is a neat freak and Phillip takes after his mother.


1 comment:
Hi there. Thank you so much for the yr phonecall yesterday. It means more to me than you will ever know. You sound really great. Envy you. Take care of the family & keep in touch. Love to all. God bless. Mary
Post a Comment