Not in the interest of upsetting anyone, but in the interest of keeping our diary real, I feel I need to record the not so good days as well as the fantastic ones......and today I am afraid is one of the "not so good" ones. It is strange how these days creep up on you, and the silly little things that send you over the edge - in my case today it is the fact that I still can't seem to find a way to get my photographs printed, stupid I know, but this minor little frustration has me in tears wishing I could just pop into the fuji photoshop in Hillcrest and get it done, which leads me to a longing for a vanilla cinnamon latte' with Bee, Tracy and Lin at Mugg and Bean, and Chinese Chicken for dinner at my folks, and a stupid ginger and white cat called Hobbs.
So for those of you out there who have made a huge move like ours or are planning it, be aware that these days do happen, does it mean I am gagging to go back, of course not, does it mean I am feeling a bit low today, yes it does and I know that it is completely normal and it too will pass, especially as we are going up to visit Cayne and Linda near Bristol this weekend, and the familiarity of good friends always helps.
One little bit of good news however is that I have literally just heard from the Princess Royal Hospital that the birth of the bump will in fact be covered by the NHS and that is a HUGE weight off our shoulders as since Saturday last week there has been the possibility that we wouldn't qualify and have to pay ourselves, which if you think is expensive in SA, you have no idea...so you see there is good in every day, we just need to find it.
3 comments:
when you are down & feeling blue, always remember that love & miss you.got so much too look forward too.thrilled re the news regarding the hospital paying issue.Take care.Love to family.Mary
Great that the hospital are paying for the birth of your baby.
"When you're down and feeling blue, just remember that God loves you".
We all go through these type of days and I believe they are put there to test us and make us stronger for the future.
Keep well.
Regards
Hey Andrea
I can't believe you are so far away - even though we weren't that close here I felt a little teary this morning reading through your blog, especially when I read how sad you sometimes feel - completely normal and "BIG NEWS" you are prognant and emotional as hell and you are in a foreign place away from all you know so just "hang in there!" Feel the emotion - it's good to share with others too and you are right, life is not only made up of the good stuff.
So you are almost due - very brave going to a new country - but you are an old hand at this motherhood thing so you'll be fine and you know of course there are lots of people in SA leeping you in their prayers!!
I didn't even know you had a blog so I am so excited to "see" you in your pics - amazing how close this little world actually is ...
Will pop in soon - so glad you have decided to join my BOM challenge - it's going to get really interesting ...
Take care.
Love,
Tracy
Post a Comment