Wednesday, 16 July 2008

Baby Update

Went to visit the midwife yesterday, and on coming home realised that I haven't really updated the bumps progress on the blog in a while.

So in the interest of that..........I am doing fine, and am now 33+ weeks, which effectively means I have between 7 and 9 weeks before this baby puts in an appearance. Bumps heartbeat is good and strong and so far seems very relaxed and at peace with life....midwife is pleased with progress and at this stage is expecting a normal delivery towards the first week in September.

My blood pressure and sugar levels are normal and apart from sore back and terrible heartburn I am also relaxed and at peace with life - although Si may tell you another story if you ask him (lol). Bump is still lying in the breech position, but the midwife is happy that we may have a big turn during the next two weeks, and if that doesn't happen I will be referred to a consultant to discuss trying to turn the baby or doing a caesar if that is unsuccessful.....to be honest at this stage not really stressed about it at all as Phil turned at 38 weeks (almost unheard of), so I am sure this little one just doesn't want to stand on its head any longer then absolutely necessary and will make the position change in its own sweet time - one of the good things here is that they won't automatically caesar 2 weeks before my due date, but wait for the due date to arrive before they intervene.

Other than that not much to tell - feeling loads of movement now and my stomach sometimes looks a bit alien, but all of you who have had babies will relate to that....Megan and Phillip are really starting to look forward to the arrival and I have such a good feeling about this new addition to our family that I am just certain everything will be just fine.

Off to toddler club this morning - don't have the required toddler "entry" fee, but the ladies are letting me go anyway as we break for the summer holidays today and the next time we meet I will have a little bundle.

2 comments:

mary said...

HI THERE.SO PROUD TO THE KIDS GREAT REPORTS,PLEASE GIVE THEM A HUG FROM ME.THRILLED TO HEAR THAT ALL IS WELL WITH NEW ADDITION.WILL PRAY FOR YOU THAT THE LITTLE ONE WILL TURN SO THAT YOU WON'T NEED TO HAVE A CAESAR.GOT LOTS TO TELL YOU BUT WILL SEND YOU E-MAIL WHEN AM OVER MY CHEMO TREATMENT I HAD TODAY.TAKE CARE,GOD BLESS.MISS YOU ALL STACKS.LOTS OF LOVE & HUGS MARY

Anonymous said...

Twinks, Remember your grandfather's birthday was 2nd September and grandmother was 27th August, might be a good idea to suggest to "bump" that either one of these two dates will do.

love