Wednesday, 3 December 2008

Wednesday 3rd December 2008

Oh my word, as I sit typing this entry my hands are shivering and my nose is running.....and I am not convinced that I will ever be warm again.

As I mentioned in a previous post, tonight was Lindfield Village Night and we were roped into helping the Scaynes Hill Beavers and Cubs with their hamburger stand.....it sounded like a good idea at the time of the offer, but tonight it was freezing - and I don't mean that in a South African 1o degrees rainy kind of freezing....I mean the temperature was literally -1 degrees and I was out cooking burger patties while my children ran ecstatically round the streets and my littlest dressed in a vest and two baby grows huddled under 4 blankets in his pram - if you had even suggested it a year ago I would have laughed at you.

Despite the temperature and the fact that we had to de-ice the car in order to get home it was a lovely evening and very festive, I am beginning to understand the meaning of a village community and it was such fun to be out with friendly faces enjoying a new and novel experience.

4 comments:

Michelle Ramsay said...

I am feeling cold for your!!

Yes, the community is a great place - always lots of fun. The English certainly know how to do it. Hope you have thawed out a bit!!

linda andrew said...

another first my friend!!!!! how awesome - what an experience to be alive and fit and well enough to go out and do all that on a cold and frosty night - glad you took the plunge adapted to the weather and went for it - well done my friend - so proud of you ....as always

mary said...

Hi there my friend.If you look at it,standing in the cold frying hamburger patties was worthy it.You even had a good time as did the kids. Lotsa luv Mary

Beryldene said...

Grrrrr...and brrrrr...sorry ...just need to quickly grab MY GLOVES AND BEANIE!!!!...eish..gf....! you always have been one to get involved, but at - temperatures I want to ask if you have in fact gone COMPLETELY MAD????

But let's face it...you have gone there to experience ENGLAND...not Mauritius, and experiencing it you are!!! LOL!!!

your gf...always
B